WIFI in console but not GUI
Dear all,

I have recently installed XBMC live onto a dedicated partition and am trying to configure it to work with my Edimax wifi USB dongle. So far I have followed the various online tutorials and managed to (1) install the appropriate driver, (2) install wicd-curses, (3) configure wicd-curses to connect to my wireless network.

I can tell that this much has worked because I can ping http://www.google.com from the tty console and can also wget arbitrary files from the Internet. I am also able to watch online videos via add ons, and fetch information/thumnails for movies in my library over the Internet. However, going into the weather section returns an error saying that an Internet connection is required. More bothersome is the fact that attempting to browse samba shares also produces an immediate error 2: share not available. Likewise, attempting to play network movies that are already in my library results ina prompt saying that the file is no longer available.

Does anyone have any idea why the connection might work in the console and for add-ons but not for other parts of the front end? Any ideas how to fix this? Any help is warmly appreciated.

Thanks
Not directly related but i had a simialr problem on a tablet. I could access the internet at terminal but not via andriod gui. I forced DNS to googles 8.8.8.8 and it all worked. Worth a shot?
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

Oh no not worth a shot since its internal ips you have a problem with sorry
Solar Powered Server Xubuntu 13.04 Sickbeard+Sabnzbd+Couchpotato+Headphones+mysql running @ 20 watts
Home Clients ATV2, Ouya, Xubuntu and Windows 8 all 13.2
Moblie Clients SGS5 SG Note II and SG Tab S all 13.2
Dark Knight RT-AC66U merlins build

I have discovered that I am able to access my network shares by adding the server via its IP address rather than trying to browse Samba. I am still not sure why xbmc refuses to browse samba, but hope this might help someone.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
WIFI in console but not GUI0