XBMC Constellation for iPad 3
Hello everybody Smile

Just joining the community and have been reading quite a lot on XBMC Constellation and viewed a few screenshots of it on iPad 2. Also been tinkering with it on my iPhone and have to say I love it!

My question is, I have been holding off buying an iPad 2 as I expect the iPad 3 to be released in the next few months, will Constellation work on the new iPad based on what the community already suspects about it?

Cheers! Big Grin
Spidermac Wrote:Hello everybody Smile

Just joining the community and have been reading quite a lot on XBMC Constellation and viewed a few screenshots of it on iPad 2. Also been tinkering with it on my iPhone and have to say I love it!

My question is, I have been holding off buying an iPad 2 as I expect the iPad 3 to be released in the next few months, will Constellation work on the new iPad based on what the community already suspects about it?

Cheers! Big Grin

Thats hard to say, as nothing at all has been comfirmed about the iPad 3. But your smart to wait, its around time for apple to update it, most likely in April. I doubt apple would make it incompatible with most App Store apps, so yes it will probably work.
As long as they allow basic backward compatibility like they did with iPad2 you should be fine. That being said, like the post above me, they still haven't confirmed ANYTHING about the iPad3 and most of the rumors are just people making crap up. (More 'we hope it has' than 'it will have')

@NavySealsGuy: That's the same reason a lot of people have tried to dis-spell the rumors of the iPad3 having a retina display... Changing a key feature like that would be good for the end user but really piss off all the developers who would be forced to create yet another version of their app or risk the app dying a horrible death at the hands of 'suckiness'. Big Grin
HTPC 1: 64-bit Quad Core 3.4GHz Athlon X4 / 16GB DDR3 / (8) 2TB / 42" Vizio / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
HTPC 2: 64-bit Quad Core 2.0GHz / 8GB DDR3 / 1TB / Windows 8.1 (x64) / IIS 8.5
My Personal Blog - NewsDemon | Text size doesn't seem to be working anymore for signatures?
Spidermac Wrote:Hello everybody Smile

Cheers! Big Grin
Well form the first hand I can tell you that it will work Wink if not from the first day then we will make it work Wink Also if there will be a change to the device resolution i.e. a new retina display we will adjust the UI to the new standard.

Regards
Would you like to join our beta testing team ? PM me :)
XBMC Constellation on Facebook
FSS_Dawid Wrote:Well form the first hand I can tell you that it will work Wink if not from the first day then we will make it work Wink Also if there will be a change to the device resolution i.e. a new retina display we will adjust the UI to the new standard.

Regards

That's what I like to hear! Smile Guess I'll hold off if it ain't too long for release, i.e. hopefully March time in the UK. If not, I'm sure iPad 2 prices will be falling in anticipation of it's release Big Grin

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Constellation for iPad 30