Auto Move videos into folder?
Hi all,

when it comes to XBMC im a complete newbie but not so much i dont know how to use google and try out several so called auto rename programs.

Given all the tutorials recommend having all movies in there own folders, i thought there might be a tool already written to do this, but everyone i have tried just doesn't seem to come close to how i would like to do this.

I simple want something that can read a directory full of .avi's/.mkv's and create a folder with the clean name taken from the filename and then move the .avi into it.

e.g.

so for film - horrible.bosses.dvdrip.xvid.avi
i want it end up like.

<Movies Folder>
|-- Horrible Bosses (2011)
|---- horrible.bosses.dvdrip.xvid.avi

as you can see i actually dont want the filename to be touched.. i just want the folder name to be tidied up.

so far everything i've tried will either rename the file, but not create the folder, or will create the folder and filename (but cleaned)

Some will tried to create a clean name but gets hythen and brackets in the wrong places.

Surely there is something that can do this? time i've spend trying different programs (all failed) i could have done it manually.. lol!

does such a tool exist?

PS on Windows please.
Star 
theRenamer is about as good as it gets and it's pretty good in that it checks what the actual file name listed on the database, and renames according to that... makes for media management a breeze. Some of the commercial rename programs have the capability to make folders of each file name cleaned according to your spec.

Might be able to run something like MediaInfo and batch run it with the output appended to the filename http://sourceforge.net/projects/mediainf...e/download

Do it manually... take dir>to file and then use theRenamer, get clean... then add the pieces you need... I suppose a script might do it.
Try filetofolder1it worked easy for me. Run the added script that allows you to do 100 files at a time.
Acer revo 3700 with Win 7 Ultimate 32 bit
rugbymad Wrote:Try filetofolder1it worked easy for me. Run the added script that allows you to do 100 files at a time.

Hi ya... I just googled that suggestion and it got me back to this post.. lol.. anychance of saying where on the big wide internet this program is stored.. ta v.much.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Auto Move videos into folder?0