Series info not showing, and "Stripshow" not selectable for network paths?
Hi all,

ok so I'm Eden Beta 2 (clean install), and Aeon Nox skin. not sure if its the skin, an Eden bug, the scraper, or a limitation in XBMC or what, as pretty new to XBMC in its current guise since the old XB1 editions.

I have 2 main problems with TV series shows.

Some of the tv shows are stored locally on the HTPC.

Other shows are stored on my main PC/NASServer.

I have added the paths by basically selecting Add Network Location, and using the paths "smb:\\NasPC\m$\HDTV" etc

Now the problems are........

1) I prefer "Stripshow" view for all the series. For some reason, if the series is held on the network path, I cannot select Stripshow in the view list. It is perfectly selectable if the series is held on the local hdd however. Also, if the series is held over 2 paths (ie first part of season on local, 2nd part on the smb share), likewise, I cannot select that option.

2) For the episodes held on the network path, it does not give the episode plot information, nor the file information (audio type etc at the bottom of the screen). If I press the info button, the information immediately populates for that episode, as does the info at the bottom, although the icons at the bottom are sometimes a little bit messed. Next time I enter that series they will be blank again.

Are these known issues please, or anyone have a solution?

Thanks,
Tuck
I don't think this is skin related. If it works with local shows, there is nothing coded in the skin to stop it for external server media.
ok thanks.

Just noticed something when adding a seperate group of TV stuff (kids shows to keep their stuff seperate)

All the kids drives are held on the network path...and they do give the full info and stripshow correctly.

I'm now trying out creating seperate groups for the locally stored regular series content and the networked content, to see if that problem goes away. What may have possibly affected it too, is I'd been trying out sickbeard, and it had been putting nfo and tbn files in the folders, perhaps this has messed with it somehow so removed them too.

On another note though, another problem I have (quite likely not skin related).....I have a Movies group, which is set to grab info from 5 drives on the NAS. Now it imported all the data yesterday when I created it no problem....but now when I'm looking at the info, as expected some movies it has scraped incorrectly. However, if I try to refresh those movies nothing happens, it doesn't even attempt. If theres a movie that it didn't find any info, where pressing the info button would normally scrape straight away, again its doing nothing. But some are letting me refresh? By looking at the patterns file, those that are held at "smb:\\NasPC\f$\Movies" and "smb:\\NasPC\g$\HDTV" for example I can refresh fine, but for all other drives on the NAS, such as "smb:\\NasPC\h$\HDTV" I cannot refresh and seem to be stuck with the info on the original scrape
That usually happens when the folder has lost it's content setting.
peculiar - checked the content setting earlier and it was still set to Movies. I'll try to reset it back once tv shows has finished scraping

Thanks Big_Noid for the off topic answers.....sorry I posted in wrong forum section
thanks again - setting that content on the movies to None, then setting it back to Movies again means I can now refresh stuff properly - gawd knows how that happened.

keeping the locally stored files and nas tv show files seperate too has fixed the stripshow problem - not sure if it was doing that, or removing the sickbeard infos, or a similar issue to the movies that did it

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Series info not showing, and "Stripshow" not selectable for network paths?0