- When I map my "UPnP" Device - Pogoplug --> Add Video
- I was able to broswer the file no problem, it just when I play any file from
Pogoplug device -- XBMC FREEZE -- Remote doesn't work
- I m still able to SSH into the AppleTV and then do
- "killall Lowtide AppleTV"
- I remove the XBMC 11 and installed 1.0.7 it crashes

_ CAN YOU PLEASE HELP ME _ Sad

Thank you for your time helping.
I recall some weirdness with UPnP and XBMC Eden Beta 2, but I'm not sure if it's related to this. Have you tried using other sharing protocols? IIRC, the pogoplug should be able to do SMB (aka Windows Sharing).
Thank you replying, Scott,
I m not sure if the pogoplug is supporting IRC protocols, I m not sure how to turnon SMB sharing for pogoplug.. will check, do you think there is bug in Eden Beta2 will be fix in next release? Also I can't do airplay from ipad ios 5.0.1 it seems like they remove the airplay mirroring function, is there any alternative? Thank you for your time
I think just have turn off airplay in ios and turn on airplay in xbmc.
Thanks, It is before JB ATV2, I tested airplay mode, and I only get Audio play out only.. no video. After the JB, same thing.. ipad2 running ios 5.0.1 -- but anyhow.. if you can guide me how to turn on SMB on pogoplug i would try that next..
IIRC = if I recall correctly
ISSUE#1 --- Resolve:
I got the Airplay Mirroring working on ATV2 IOS 5.0.1 --- Enable Multicast mode on in my wireless router and I am able to see the Airplay Mirroring icon on my Ipad.
Please check the Multicast feature is on OR LAN & WAN feature is on in order ATV2 mirroring work..

ISSUES #2: XBMC is not able to play file from Upnp Device (Pogoplug) - Entire Application FREEZE --- this can be resolve only if XBMC developer look closer.. Please..
thank you
Looked close - bumped my nose - full of blood now.
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Look closer at what? Learn how to post a question.
I hope all noses have stopped bleeding by now Smile I'm in the same boat as the original poster, but would really like to carry this through and find a solution. I've recently acquired a Pogoplug myself and when I enable UPNP on it, and browse from my ATV2 with XBMC, or iPhone with XBMC, or Mac with XBMC, it's always the same result. I can see the Pogoplug and quickly navigate down to the media file I'm wanting to watch. As soon as I click on it XBMC freezes on all platforms.

I've run UPNP sharing on XBMC from my old Xbox and when I access those UPNP shares from ATV2, iPhone, Mac it works as expected. This makes me think there's something different or wrong with the Pogoplug setup, and I've started a support ticket with them as well. It's very annoying that there are some threads that seem to cover the topic in pogoplugged.com forums, but Pogoplug has for some reason taken the whole thing down, and replaced it with very basic generic knowledge base info on their main site.

When I'm in system info on XBMC it says my OS is Darwin 11.0.0 Tues Nov 1

My Pogoplug is the classic version running 3.2.7 firmware

I'm happy to provide any other information that could be helpful. Logs perhaps. If anyone would like to see it, I can add it to a pastebin.
Here is a response from Pogoplug support if it's helpful

Quote:Thank you for contacting Pogoplug Support.

Streaming support using Pogoplug is enabled using a subset of UPnP, though not specifically DLNA. We do not use UPnP to explain streaming support because our implementation of UPnP does not makes changes to your network, opening ports and such.

We specifically mention streaming support for XBox360 and PS3 and the Seagate FreeAgent Theater+ because we have optimized for their interfaces. While the UPnP protocol we enabled should work with UPnP clients, we only guarantee compatibility by way of actual testing on XBox360, PS3 and Seagate FreeAgent Theater+. I'm sorry I don't have any additional information to help you get up and running with XBMC.

Please let me know if further assistance is required.
Found that XBMC4XBOX plays from Pogoplug via Samba just fine. Oh and I installed a samba server via optware. I can now see the plug directly from finder on the mac, but no love through XBMC on mac or ios. The issue seems to be XBMC on mac and IOS since it works great on Windows and Xbox. Maybe it's something with my SMB config file. Any ideas?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC Freeze - Playing file from Pogoplug0