360 Wireless Controller Not Working with HDD
This is possibly the strangest problem I have ever come across, and honestly I am at a loss as to how to fix go about fixing it.

Since I have started using XBMC I have used a Wireless Xbox 360 Controller (with receiver for windows), and at first used xpadder. Recently (two months ago maybe) I switched over to using a keymap and it worked great. However, about a week ago it stopped working completely. I wasn't sure what had happened and tried everything I could think of to fix it. Rolled back drivers, uninstalled/reinstalled, restored Windows, redid the keymap, and more things that I can't think of off the top of my head. After days of frustration and trying everything I could think of (or find online), I gave up.

And then today... I unplugged my external HDD that has all my media so that I could add some stuff from my laptop. While doing that I opened up XBMC by mistake and since it was open and I was waiting on things to transfer anyway, I thought I'd try troubleshooting the controller some more. I turned it on, and it worked...

I figured it was some XBMC Eden bug that had maybe been updated (why else would it start working out of the blue?) and left it at that. After plugging the HDD back in and letting XBMC scrape everything, I turned on the 360 controller and again it didn't work. So, I unplugged the HDD, restarted XBMC, and it worked again! And naturally stopped once the HDD was plugged back in...

Anyone have ANY ideas as to what is causing this?! It is driving me insane!

tl;dr: Controller works when HDD is unplugged, doesn't when HDD is plugged in. Help! Laugh
Sad bump...

Still not working! Sad
not enough power to USB ports? Can you try a different port?
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
360 Wireless Controller Not Working with HDD0