Dont let xbox 360 skins be better the xbmc's!
hey skinners and xbmc'ers....
so , ever since upgradeing to project mayhem 3 2005 02, i've had the urge to check out other skins, and to also learn as much as i can so i too can hopefully become a skinner and help out this fine community.

anyways, as im sure many of you also have, ever since installing xbmc ive become an obsessive compulsive maniac :d , trying to get every little bit to look as sexy and awesome as possible. pm 3 was a great addition, and actualy matched my home theater flawlessly, but as i said, ive been uninspired by further pm releases(05 - 02), the colors and a few other modifications arnt my thing. but its all, good, just more inspiration to learn how to skin right?

well basicaly, let me get to the point Smile
i often leave my room, the come back, then leave, then come back, and i do this to gain the perspective of a first time visitor of my sexy dominion, and what there initial view of my sexy telivison with all the intriugeing "my videos" and "my music" options and what not. well after enough of this, ive realized one who saw pm 3 would immediately go wtf, that looks silly. i think a more streamlined, computerized, but not inhuman, skin would fit the bill.
not in the vein of pm 2, but something more like the beauty microsoft is lauinching xbox 360 with....

http://www.eurogamer.net/assets....opy.jpg

not perfect, but very comfortable.

my point is, (finaly), do not let microsoft steal your(our) cool
with there rip off version of xbmc.
we as skinners(yes i conside myself one now, cause im gonna
be hard at work) need to show that the counterculture is ultimately the one with the most groundbreaking style, ideas, choices, etc.
even if the mainstream gameing world will soon be envoloped by microsoft's new "revolutionary" media center console, we will know the truth, and we will be making sure we're staying two steps ahead while we are twice as creative and thrice as dedicated.

:p
well im sure we'll beat the crap outta the stock stuff once we get a 512mb ram upgrade :p

till then - good luck

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

(deadontheradio @ may 16 2005,00:31 Wrote:not in the vein of pm 2, but something more like the beauty microsoft is lauinching xbox 360 with....

http://www.eurogamer.net/assets....opy.jpg

not perfect, but very comfortable.
is it me or does that picture look just sloppy. i mean its a random mess of colors with a few canned photoshop effects thrown in there and some roundish outlined areas.

it just seems to lack any sense of flow or sophistication.
i like the look of that skin and wont be supprissed made a mock up xbmc skin looking like the 360version

that would rock
xbox 1.6 "crystal" uxe softmoded, xbmc dashboard "cvs" updated weekly, 250g hd upgrade
oh boy - u know - everything has its purpose...

they made this skin because its worked best for what they were trying to do with "xbox 360 guide" - i bet its berfectly matched to the new system and and to the needs of this gui.

even microsoft is still using the old media center for the media-center-purpose as you can see on that screen and various xbox 360 presentations. i really dont see how a mediacenter should work with the "guide" gui.

if anyone does - happy porting

Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Dont let xbox 360 skins be better the xbmc's!0