xbmc questions will it do what I need.
I have been running mediaportal for some time now and like how it functions. I have dumped direct and went with cable to save some cash. I bought a hdhomerunprime with cablecard. I am not getting any movie channels just the normal stations in hd. I have found that you cant get anything from the cablecard tuner with mediaportal so we have started to used Windows Media center which is not the best.

I am sure that xbmc has something for like mymovies and my-tv series and streamedmp . But can I get the live tv and recoreded tv I found out that Mythtv is able to get the channels from the tuner. Does xbmc have a front end for the new version of mythtv?

Thanks
You'll probably want to look into the PVR builds which are currently under development. There are frontend add-ons for various different recording backends. I believe Myth is one of those. It will take a bit of reading and setup work on your end though. It is not a quick and simple setup process as of yet.
The HDHomerun Prime is a cable card tuner which means your only choices are Windows Media Center or WMC or you can use Win7MC or maybe Win 8 Media Center beta when it's released. You can always use MediaBrowser or My Movies in Windows Media Center if you get tired of WMC. To use Media Portal or MythTV you would need to use a component video capture card like the Hauppauge HDPVR. DRM is your friend...we all love DRM.
Mythbuntu doesn't need viruses - we have Sudo
What about Myth?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc questions will it do what I need.0