XBMC unresponsive (freezes) when paused and idle for extended period of time
Question 
XBMC consistently freezes and becomes unresponsive when I have something paused (music or video) and it is idle for an extended period of time. When I come back to XBMC and try to resume playing, it shows the counter move forward very fast to the end, and then does nothing. It becomes completely unresponsive. The only solution is to Ctrl+Alt+Delete and force close. Any ideas?

Here is the Pastebin of my debug

XBMC 11.0 "Eden" Beta 2
Windows 7 Ultimate, 64-bit, Service Pack 1
Intel i3-2120 3.3Ghz
8 GB RAM
Nvidia GeForce 210 Driver version: 8.17.12.7533
Sound card: Nvidia, Driver version: 1.1.9.0
The error is obviously:

CWin32WASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed (-2004287484)

but I don't know that bit of the code well enough to know what this means.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:The error is obviously:

CWin32WASAPI::AddPackets: GetBuffer failed (-2004287484)

but I don't know that bit of the code well enough to know what this means.

JR

I noticed several failures in the bug report, so i wasn't sure which failure caused it. It froze while paused on the last Miles Davis song, if that helps anyone.
Just bumping to see if anyone might be able to offer some insight here. I'm not the only person who has posted on various online forums with this problem.

I can't seem to figure it out. XBMC will, without fail, become unresponsive after attempting to resume play (music or video) after a long pause.
The error code -2004287484 in the log is AUDCLNT_E_DEVICE_INVALIDATED, explained by Microsoft as "The audio endpoint device has been unplugged, or the audio hardware or associated hardware resources have been reconfigured, disabled, removed, or otherwise made unavailable for use."
So I'm not sure how to recover but first, try to not do something to upset Windows... Switching TV/AVR on/off, changing input, power save modes, things like that. Also don't change the Windows audio device properties.
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
XBMC unresponsive (freezes) when paused and idle for extended period of time0