Trying to get LCN into Margro Beta 2 with 4TR and HDHOMERUN
Hi all,

I got the Beta 2 working with the 4TR backend which I'm really, really happy about. One step closer to losing WMC7.

I am having a problem though, and probably a simple one, but I can't find what I need to fix it. I have an HDHOMERUN tuner. I am receiving OTA ATSC channels on it, and it displays the virtual channel numbers or LCN (not positive they're the same, but I mean channel 7 has 4.1, 4.2 etc correctly and zap2it agrees with what it displays). By the time this gets to 4TR, the LCN has no entry and I can't figure out how to add it, so I just have the actual channel. (7). By the time this gets to XBMC, it has neither channel number, just listed by the call letters (which do not match what comes up on the HDHOMERUN setup, BTW) and the call letters don't correspond to what channel it actually is now.

How do I fix this? I'm sure I'm just missing it, but if I try to edit a channel it says not supported by the pvr backend. I hope this makes sense. I'm really happy about having TV in XBMC and I'm so close to having it all sorted out, but sure could use some help.

Also on an unrelated note, while I was typing this out, Transparency took an update and it killed my live TV. None of the stations is working now.

Thanks!
Check the contents of your fortherecord database. In my database, the channel.LogicalChannelNumber field is empty for all channels, so maybe Argus does not yet store the LCN on a channel scan for every tuner type. Ask one of the ForTheRecord developers on their forum if they support the LCN already.

The ForTheRecord addon does actually import the LCN from Argus, but only as integer, so for channels with a number like "4.1" this won't work.
Note that XBMC does not (yet) support subchannel numbers in the format 4.1.

So right now, there is no real fix. You could manually add a LCN number to the ForTheRecord database but also there, you can't add subchannel numbers only integer numbers.
Developer of the MediaPortal PVR addon and retired developer of the Argus-TV PVR-addon.
http://www.scintilla.utwente.nl/~marcelg/xbmc

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Trying to get LCN into Margro Beta 2 with 4TR and HDHOMERUN0