SSH Video Share on iPhone 4s
I have XBMC eden b2 succesfully installed on my jailbroken iPone 4s. I would like to access my videos on my home server running Ubuntu 11.10. I have ssh server installed on my server, but how do I set up my iPhone with the RSA certificate so that I can connect via ssh to my external ip address? If someone could just point me in the right direction I would appreciate it.

On a side note, is there an easier way to access my files than what I'm trying to do? Any suggestions are welcome.
I don't know if it will work with an RSA cert. you could also do a web directory listing, webDAV, FTP, or try setting up a VPN.
Or allow auth via password on your ssh server and use username password. But i don't really recommend ssh because ssl sucks the cpu...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
Memphiz Wrote:Or allow auth via password on your ssh server and use username password. But i don't really recommend ssh because ssl sucks the cpu...

Well, based on your response and the links in your signature, I have scrapped ssh and set up an NFS share on my server and set it up to work with Avahi. I can access my NFS share over my wlan, but I cant figure out how to get access from outside my wlan. Selecting Zeroconf browser in XBMC automatically finds my NFS share when I am connected to my wlan via wifi. I tried to set up a network location using nfs and my external ip and port 2179, which I have set up to port forward from my router to my server, but it doesn't connect. Am I missing something obvious?
Memphiz Wrote:Or allow auth via password on your ssh server and use username password. But i don't really recommend ssh because ssl sucks the cpu...

Balthazar Wrote:Well, based on your response and the links in your signature, I have scrapped ssh and set up an NFS share on my server and set it up to work with Avahi. I can access my NFS share over my wlan, but I cant figure out how to get access from outside my wlan. Selecting Zeroconf browser in XBMC automatically finds my NFS share when I am connected to my wlan via wifi. I tried to set up a network location using nfs and my external ip and port 2179, which I have set up to port forward from my router to my server, but it doesn't connect. Am I missing something obvious?

OK, I was missing something obvious. I installed pptpd (VPN server) and connected my iphone to my home network via VPN. From there I was able to specify a network location for my nfs share. It took a little research and trial and error but I got it! Thanks Ned and Memphiz for pointing me in the right direction, and especially to Memphiz - your wiki articles helped explain how to get the NFS and Avahi side set up.
its port 2149 not 2179 Smile - but nice to hear that you got it working already Smile

Btw you only need the avahi if you want that the nfs server appears under zeroconf. Normally it should automagically appear in the NFS section itself (so not zeroconf, but Network Filesystem)
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
SSH Video Share on iPhone 4s0