xbmc display problem on HDTV
Hi,

I'm new to the forum. Love xbmc and the forum is great.

I've recently set up xbmc (Eden) on an old Dell laptop (running XP sp3) connected to a Sony Bravia tv. All works well up to a point.

When I open xbmc and with the correct input on the tv, I see the main pages displayed perfectly on the tv. When I start to play a tv show stream (eg. BBC iPlayer), I only see it on my laptop screen. I get a message on screen 'unsupported signal. check your device output'

However, if I view the xbmc content within a window (using "\" to switch) I see everything on the tv. It just means having the windows border on the tv screen.

It's probably something simple I'm overlooking. Any good advice greatly appreciated. Thanks in advance.
You probably have XBMC configured to change the refresh rate to match the video (Settings, Video, Playback I think) and it's changing the refresh rate to a value that your TV doesn't support. Just disable the setting and the video will play, albeit with some telecine judder.

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:You probably have XBMC configured to change the refresh rate to match the video (Settings, Video, Playback I think) and it's changing the refresh rate to a value that your TV doesn't support. Just disable the setting and the video will play, albeit with some telecine judder.

JR

Thanks JR. That sorted it.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc display problem on HDTV0