HDMI sometimes not detected after idle on xbmc windows 7
Okay so I have a samsung T2200HD connected to an ER1401 running XBMC on windows 7 connected via HDMI. sometimes if i leave my monitor off and the ER1401 on for like 10 hours, when i switch on the monitor, it can't see the machine even though the er1401 hasn't gone to sleep. i have to restart for the HDMi to be recognised. any help please?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
might be a samsung issue some times my hdmi dont work if i boot pc with tv off or channel set to none hdmi and then try to switch to hdmi part way though boot

can only resolve by turning tv off and on again to re sync hdmi signal
this is normal, i have the same issue. The HDMI handshake gets lost and the only way to get it back is to reboot the computer.
turning the tv off also resolves this issue
I'm using Linux myself and have the same problem. While searching for a solution I found these two programs for Windows: hdmiOn and HdmiYo.

I haven't tested them myself. In this review you'll find more (expensive) solutions to the problem.
I tried the various methods in windows personally and none ever seemed to work. However I ended up getting a gefen hdmi detective (http://www.gefen.com/kvm/dproduct.jsp?prod_id=8005) to keep the EDID from the TV (or in my case AVR). This device was a large amount less power and it works every time.
HTPC(s): All running LibreELEC
  • AMD 2200G APU on Gigabyte AB350N-Gaming WIFI-CF
  • RPI3 x2 | RPI2 x2
NAS: FreeNAS (Latest Stable) | NFS/CIFS
moviemorris Wrote:turning the tv off also resolves this issue

This isn't always the case. I have HDMI going through a Yamaha AVR, then HDMI to a Sony RPTV. If I restart the TV and or AVR, it won't resolve it. The only thing that will, is to either log out of windows, then log in again; or reboot the PC. I wish I could fix this. When I ran XBMC Live, this never happened. It only does this using XBMC with Windows.
My Living Room Theater XBMC Mini-ITX Build
CASE: MI-100 - MOBO: ASRock A75M-ITX - APU: A6-3500
Kingston 4GB 1600MHz - SanDisk 128GB SSD -- DVDRW
W7 HP - Kodi 15 - Confluence | ATV1 w/BCM970015 & Crystalbuntu in the BR
r1lee Wrote:this is normal, i have the same issue. The HDMI handshake gets lost and the only way to get it back is to reboot the computer.

this is exactly the problem!! always need to reboot.

any solutions?
Major Props Poofy and Eskro! Check out their sigs for the best help/advice.
aoaaron Wrote:this is exactly the problem!! always need to reboot.

any solutions?

not that i currently know of. HDMI/hdcp handshake has been a pain the a$$ since its inception. Delays when switching inputs, not handshaking etc..

I bet you the VGA and maybe even the DVI if its DVI-I will always work.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
HDMI sometimes not detected after idle on xbmc windows 70