Crash to FrontRow on loading Movies/TV Shows
I recently acquired an ATV2 4.3 (2557) with XBMC installed on it, and had issues with it crashing back to FrontRow when I'd go into Movies or TV Shows from the home screen. I upgraded to Eden 11b2 tonight and still have the same problem. I removed a lot of misc addons and frills to see if that would trigger a fix, but no luck.

Searched the threads and grabbed the log, but no luck and I'm afraid I'm don't know enough about the software to make heads or tails of the log...appears to happen during loading of the thumbs. Help?

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3112696/xbmc.log
...and that's why god gave us whiskey.
----------------------------------------------
[old rig removed] ATV2 4.3 Eden 11b2
19:19:40 T:139632640 DEBUG: CAnnouncementManager - Announcement: OnQuit from xbmc
19:19:40 T:139632640 DEBUG: GOT ANNOUNCEMENT, type: 4, from xbmc, message OnQuit

Normal exit from XBMC. Perhaps you grabbed the wrong xbmc.log ?
Okay, at long last I'm back on this. I may have posted the wrong log before, and in past weeks, something shiny distracted me from troubleshooting this! I have not upgraded to beta3, as this problem has existed in all of the stable builds, and both beta1 and beta2...please take a look and let me know if there's something obvious here!

Annotation: I booted, went to TV Shows, loaded an XVID file from a SMB source. File loaded fine. Stopped it, went back to the episode list, waited for screen saver to kick in + 1 minute, then tried to choose another file. Crash/reboot!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3112696/xbmc.old.log
You should test b3 then. We don't do betas for fun ... or wait for rc1 which should come out the next days ...

Any chance that you use an apple NAS/Router (airport extreme or thelike) and you hdd spins down? If so - its a known issue with these routers (not all users have that problem). We have no ability to fix this atm...
AppleTV4/iPhone/iPod/iPad: HowTo find debug logs and everything else which the devs like so much: click here
HowTo setup NFS for Kodi: NFS (wiki)
HowTo configure avahi (zeroconf): Avahi_Zeroconf (wiki)
READ THE IOS FAQ!: iOS FAQ (wiki)
I'll load B3 tonight and see how it goes...but in the mean time, interesting thought on the router. I don't use anything Apple but the ATV...but if my PC HDD were to spin down due to no use within a couple minutes, would the access time delay be a potential cause? I have noticed that going from the main screen to TV Shows or Movies is incredibly slow (5-7 secs), as if it's waiting for another cog in the machine to move...

Thanks for your help!
Okay, back again!

Updated to RC2 today, and followed the same steps as before: boot, go to TV Shows (long load time), watch video, wait for screen saver, move to next video and when I try to launch, I crash back to Frontrow. Log doesn't seem to help much, but here it is!

http://dl.dropbox.com/u/3112696/xbmc_3_4_12.old.log

Thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Crash to FrontRow on loading Movies/TV Shows0