epg timeline as default and a few other basic questions?
Smile 
I am using the latest margro pvr build and default confluence xbmc skin.
I have three questions/problems:

1. My problem is that upon selectin "live TV", the "view options" opens op on top as if I had hit the right arrow button.

2. Is it possible to select which view to have as default? I would like to start in "EPG Timeline". Maybe another skin will allow this?

3. From any of the epg view, when I select the show, it opens up "programme info". I would like it to start playing the channel (even if I select a show that hasen't startet yet). That's how EPG timeline mostly works, I think.
henningdalgaard Wrote:2. Is it possible to select which view to have as default? I would like to start in "EPG Timeline". Maybe another skin will allow this?

Confluence:
System / LiveTV / EPG / Default EPG window
Manio, you misunderstood...

1. Not sure why this happens, it use to happen to me all the time, it doesn't anymore. But I use refocus as main skin... Maybe this has something to do with it.

2. No, at the moment you cannot set timeline as a default 'opening' window, only a default for the EPG window.

3. I agree 100% that when clicking on a program in timeline should start playing the channel directly instead of opening up a context menu... Or at least maybe we could have the option. I find it rather annoying I have to click, navigate to 'switch' then hit ok, it should be a single keystroke, just like channel list.

But unfortunately the answer is no, in both cases. Maybe you could raise a suggestion for Dushmaniac in trac??

*edit*
To get around no.2, I've set the 'guide' button on my remote to take me to the epg window, and the 'live tv' button takes me to the default channel list. I think this is the intention of the devs

Cheers,
Loggio.
personally i prefer ok to open info window in timeline and pushing "play" on the selected channel to start playback.

in timeline you are mostly looking for future shows and scheduling recordings.

my parents were confused by "ok" in the info dialog, they were trying to start playback by pushing ok. perhaps that should be renamed "close"
Everywhere in xbmc, you push context menu button to bring up options, or info button for more info... Pushing ok on something generally starts playback... It doesn't really fit. My opinion anyways :-)

I can see why some would like it however.

*edit*

Perhaps, (if it's even posible) it would be better if, the first item in the timeline being the 'currently airing' programs, play automatically when pushing ok... But if you venture outside the current time period and clik on a program you are presented with the option to record etc.. It would only make sense considering you cannot play a program ahead of its sheduled time anyway.
loggio Wrote:3. I agree 100% that when clicking on a program in timeline should start playing the channel directly instead of opening up a context menu... Or at least maybe we could have the option. I find it rather annoying I have to click, navigate to 'switch' then hit ok, it should be a single keystroke, just like channel list.
Loggio.

This update to advance settings allows you to skip that screen with the switch button.

<pvr>
<showepginfoonselect>false</showepginfoonselect>
</pvr>

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
epg timeline as default and a few other basic questions?0