Network speed when updating library from external pc
Hi,

I have my "main" computer running in another room. I have wired Gigabit network and get around 80-90mb when copying between win7 (which is OS on both computers)
Htpc is running in my living room, and it uses extremly long time to update library. After all my 600 movies are added, when updating it can go for 1-2 hours before its finished.
Tried to copy a file with the file manager, and got 70mb with the copy, so the problem is not the copying process.

What i noticed is that when updating library my network utilization was about 1mb.

I have an MS SQL 2008 R2 running on ESXi host, could it be a good idea to rebuild library and use SQL to store DB ? And how would that be set up with xbmc ?
I didn't think that XBMC even worked properly with MS SQL. I'm fairly certain it's not supposed to, as some of the commands are different between MS SQL and MySQL/SQLite. That's most likely your problem.
Hi,

to clearify. For now i dont use my SQL server. This is doing other things not related to XBMC.

What i have done is a clean installation and added skin and added video source (located at my other computer)

why is it slow ? Where can i see to figure out what the problem is ?

Spec.
win 7 "main" computer
I7-930
12GB ram

HTPC
intel E6240 dual core
4gb ram

should be sufficent hardware specs.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Network speed when updating library from external pc0