I'm using RC2 version with the HD patch with my system:
- PC: Core2 Quad Q9450 / 8GB / Windows 7 x64
- Graphics card: Sapphire AMD Radeon HD 6450
- HDMI cable to a Yamaha YST-S401 (http://europe.yamaha.com/en/products/aud...t-s401_w/)
- HDMI from the Yamaha to the Philips 42PFL8404H (http://www.p4c.philips.com/cgi-bin/dcbin..._Software)
I have a clean Windows 7 setup (no codecs pack, only DirectX and ATI Catalyst 12.3 with the AMD HDMI Audio Driver). I watch movies using XBMC in the TV (secondary monitor) or using MPC-HC (if I use the primary monitor). As I'm not an advanced user I don't have excesive problems mainly because I don't have a lot of media with HD audio. A big percentage of them are AC3 or DTS.
The only thing I've noted when watching MKV at 720p (I'll post the info for the files if necessary) is that every some minutes, the movie seems to be slow for a couple of seconds. After that it continues well. Any idea about what must I do look for? Is something related to the FPS or Hz? Do I need to configure Catalyst, XBMC or TV with some non default settings? If yes, can you refer to me a guide about that?
For the audio configuration I've set up the following:
- HDMI 7.1
- DD AC3 capable receiver
- Support DTS-HD Master Audio (is this the best sound my receiver accepts, isn'it?)
- Other DTS as decoded (LPCM) (I suppose it doesn't matter because of the other setting)
- DD+ capable receiver
- Dolby TrueHD capable receiver
- Audio WASAPI AMD HDMI Output
Is this config correct?
Any tips about how to configure correctly XBMC for a TV will be very appreciated.