• 67(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
Got it!! But, I will wait for the F Eden + HD in this thread prior to moving forward with fresh install and backup. Thanks for the info!
Damian, I totally agree, it's not going to kill anyone to wait till next week in order to get a final build with the HD audio patch,. Thanks again for all of the efforts here!
Glad to see the final but not using it until DDamian's hd audio version. About a week it looks like?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
"Eden" + HD audio available now!

I've built a new drop of my HD audio pass-through patch, this time with the following enhancements over the previous ones:
  • derived from version 11.0 "Eden" final
  • precise audio frame duration calculation as envisioned in my post #749. Unless there's still a bug or another sitting around the code corners, this should give compressed audio frames exactly the same timestamps as decoded audio frames
  • passthrough of wav-encapsulated DTS streams at 48, 44.1, or 32 kHz sample rate without pitch distortion
  • better handling of Dolby Digital Plus (a.k.a. E-AC3)

Get the full installer of XBMCSetup-11.0+HD-audio from here!
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
Many thx Smile
Thanks DanielaE
(2012-03-25, 09:08)DanielaE Wrote: "Eden" + HD audio available now!

I've built a new drop of my HD audio pass-through patch, this time with the following enhancements over the previous ones:
  • precise audio frame duration calculation as envisioned in my post #749. Unless there's still a bug or another sitting around the code corners, this should give compressed audio frames exactly the same timestamps as decoded audio frames
  • passthrough of wav-encapsulated DTS streams at 48, 44.1, or 32 kHz sample rate without pitch distortion

thank you. been waiting for this.
Thanks again DanielaE!

I' m having problems with this release and WMV files. XBMC can not lock the framerate.
With 30fps WMV files, the fps counter of the OSD fluctuates between 22 and 33 fps and with 25fps WMVs it's between 22 and 27fps. The drop:xx counter doesn't show any dropped frames but there are a lot of skips and jumps in the picture.

The debug log is filled with messages similiar to this
Code:
12:48:48 T:2504   DEBUG: CDVDPlayerAudio:: Discontinuity - was:20567408.258860, should be:20712000.139320, error:144591.880460

I also noticed that there is a advancedsettings.xml file in the "Program Files/xbmc/system/" folder. Is this necessary? I don't see it in a plain-vanilla Eden installation.
Panasonic 42G10 ♦ Onkyo TX SR507 ♦ Teufel Concept R2 ♦ TV Box (COOLEME MB1/Libreelec)

You are awesome
Big big thanks!!!

Many thanks for all your hard work here Daniela!

Unfortunately with this release, mine is unwatchable!

I tried one of my problematic iso's (Alfie) which played badly and just put that down to the problem its always had but then put the latest Harry Potter on and it was the same...stuttering, audio blips, speakers going crazy!

I've reverted back to DD's last beta build for the meantime!

Heres my Pastebin!
(2012-03-25, 13:16)yasan Wrote:

You are awesome

Dolby truehd doesn't work normal Sad
Oh no, what's wrong with TrueHDHuh
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
I'm trying very hard to use this build (Eden with patch avail this morning) with some serious struggles. Im not running a typical setup though, see below

HTPC running Win 7- NVIDIA GeForce GT 520 (with latest drivers)

I have this hooked into a 4X4 HDMI Matrix Switch distributed through 4 Denon AVRs (1910, 2809CI, 2312CI and 3312CI), all AVRs support all HD audio formats.

The only way I have managed to get it working in every room is if I selected the HTPC as the same source in every room and then re-boot the pc and re-open xbmc. At that point XBMC runs fine, audio and video, including HD audio in every room. As soon as I turn off the system and re-select HTPC in any room, pick a video it begins playing for about 5 seconds (with no audio though) and then video freezes (XBMC doesnt freeze though I can still stop it and select something else). This happens regardless of it being an HD audio source or not. When I go into select audio output device sometimes I am able to select wasapi (doesn't correct things though) but sometimes the only one showing up is DirectSound. At a bit of a loss here as to what to attempt next, my setup has been working fine for years configured like this (this is my first go with Eden in any version however, and I was not trying to get HD audio before either). Please help!
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17