• 87(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
Umm ... I've tried to demux the video/audio of this file using 'ffmpeg.exe' and I get a similar error:

Code:
C:\> ffmpeg -i input.mp4 -vcodec copy out.h264 -acodec copy out.aac

FFmpeg version SVN-r25099, Copyright (c) 2000-2010 the FFmpeg developers
  built on Sep 11 2010 03:32:41 with gcc 4.4.2
  configuration: --extra-cflags=-I/usr/i686-mingw32/include/ --extra-ldflags=-L/
usr/i686-mingw32/lib/ --extra-cflags=-U__STRICT_ANSI__ --extra-cflags=-D_MT --en
able-memalign-hack --arch=x86 --target-os=mingw32 --cross-prefix=i586-mingw32msv
c- --enable-runtime-cpudetect --enable-gpl --enable-version3 --enable-w32threads
--enable-libmp3lame --enable-libvorbis --enable-libopencore_amrwb --enable-libo
pencore_amrnb --enable-libfaac --enable-avisynth --enable-static --disable-share
d --extra-libs=-lfaac
  libavutil     50.26. 0 / 50.26. 0
  libavcore      0. 9. 0 /  0. 9. 0
  libavcodec    52.88. 0 / 52.88. 0
  libavformat   52.78. 4 / 52.78. 4
  libavdevice   52. 2. 2 / 52. 2. 2
  libavfilter    1.38. 3 /  1.38. 3
  libswscale     0.11. 0 /  0.11. 0
Assertion failed: s->chapters[i]->start <= s->chapters[i+1]->start, file libavfo
rmat/utils.c, line 2119

This application has requested the Runtime to terminate it in an unusual way.
Please contact the application's support team for more information.

So, I've downloaded the latest build of FFmpeg at http://ffmpeg.zeranoe.com/builds/ (git-9849515 - 2012-04-21) that includes libavformat 54.3.100 and bingo! I have two files (video + audio) separated. I'll try to remux using MKVToolnix to see if XBMC can use it.
(2012-04-21, 22:14)Roman_V_M Wrote: Here's Russian translation for the latest Eden including strings from HD audio build
Thanks a lot - merged to code base

ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
(2012-04-22, 01:05)serieofilo Wrote: File: libavformat/utils.c
Line: 2195
Expression: s->chapters[i]->start<=s->chapters[i+1]->start
Congratulations - it looks like you've hit a strangely authored media file where a chapter starts after the next one.

Sorry, but discussing this is completely off-topic in this thread.

ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
(2012-04-22, 10:51)DanielaE Wrote: Sorry, but discussing this is completely off-topic in this thread.

Sorry, you're right! I'll try to post into the right thread. Sorry for the inconvenience I've caused. If some moderator wants to delete these posts, please do it ...

All format using DirectSound is working but not Wasapi only old format is ok, have e-350.
This is the current state of XBMC development - a 12.0 alpha with all of the changes and additions from the april merge window - with may current HD audio patch on top of it:
XBMCSetup 12.0 alpha1 (april merge window) master+HD-Audio

Advisory notes:
  1. library and settings formats may have changed from Eden final. I recommend to run 12.0 alpha 1 separate from your everyday installation by means of portable mode (i.e. '-p' option applied)
  2. stability may be reduced due to alpha status. Use at your own risk. Don't kill me if your disk gets formatted.
ciao, Dani

DanielaE, forgive me if this has been covered before.
Everything works great accept I seem to require around a -250ms delay on any bitstreamed audio.
Standard PCM/2channel sources play fine?

Is there some way to delay ONLY bitstreamed audio?

And thank you for such a wonderfull mod Big Grin
Holy XBMC, Batman! My disk got formatted and aliens ate my buick!
Smile 
(2012-04-28, 09:33)HeresJohnny Wrote: My disk got formatted and aliens ate my buick!
Now my rig is going hyperactive!Wink
Unfortunately this is not working at all for me...

I have an Onkyo TX-SR707 capable of every HD audio format and this was already proven with my Popcorn Hour player. I have played movies with DTS-HD MA and TrueHD.

Unfortunately when I enable the addtional settings supplied by the patch then I get a movie in slow motion and no sound as soon as I run a movie with TrueHD or DTS MA. At the bottom the error message "Failed to initialize audio device - Please check your settings".

(2012-04-28, 21:41)Streamerke Wrote: Unfortunately this is not working at all for me...

I have an Onkyo TX-SR707 capable of every HD audio format and this was already proven with my Popcorn Hour player. I have played movies with DTS-HD MA and TrueHD.

Unfortunately when I enable the addtional settings supplied by the patch then I get a movie in slow motion and no sound as soon as I run a movie with TrueHD or DTS MA. At the bottom the error message "Failed to initialize audio device - Please check your settings".

I have the same Onkyo unit, no issues. I've seen that message before a long time ago, though. I can't remember exactly, but I think I didn't have the HDMI output on the HTPC enabled through Windows. Setting it as default didn't make a difference for me, as XBMC will allow me to choose the HDMI output so long as it is enabled.

Oh, and if you have an ION GPU or GeForce 9400/9300, you're out of luck.
Anyway, perhaps of no help, just chiming in.
(2012-04-28, 21:41)Streamerke Wrote: Unfortunately this is not working at all for me...

Have you update your GPU driver? Did you select the proper HDMI audio output in Windows 7 control panel? Did you select the proper HDMI audio output and select "WASAPI: Onkyo (High Definition audio......)" in XBMC settings/system/audio output? Did you enable DXVA2 and select DXVA as Render Method in XBMC settings/video/playback?

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I have the latest GPU driver installed. Yes I have the correct HDMI output in my VISTA control panel. Yes I did choose the correct HDMI output in XBMC. When I play a TrueHD movie and I unflag the setting "TrueHD capable receiver" then I do get output.

No I did not enable DXVA2 as it creates problems on playback of some of my content.

I'll do a test again tomorrow to make sure I try all possible settings and I'll come back after that. Thanks for your help so far!
(2012-04-29, 04:19)Streamerke Wrote: Yes I did choose the correct HDMI output in XBMC.
You need to make sure that you selected "WASAPI: TX-SR707 (High Definition audio......)" in XBMC settings/system/audio output

(2012-04-29, 04:19)Streamerke Wrote: No I did not enable DXVA2 as it creates problems on playback of some of my content.
After you selected DXVA2, did you selected DXVA as Render Method in XBMC settings/video/playback and disable everything else in it?

If the video playback is unstable, you can disable "Use fullscreen window rather than a true fullscreen" in XBMC settings/system/video output....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-29, 04:19)Streamerke Wrote: I have the latest GPU driver installed. Yes I have the correct HDMI output in my VISTA control panel. Yes I did choose the correct HDMI output in XBMC. When I play a TrueHD movie and I unflag the setting "TrueHD capable receiver" then I do get output.

No I did not enable DXVA2 as it creates problems on playback of some of my content.

I'll do a test again tomorrow to make sure I try all possible settings and I'll come back after that. Thanks for your help so far!
Not 100% convinced that HD Audio bitstreaming works with Vista. Unflagging the setting, provides decoding by xbmc with the LPCM track being passed to your receiver (the exact same output, just not bitstream and won't light up your receiver to show TrueHD). Unchecking the DTS option should provide similar results but on DTS core sound only.

• 87(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17