• 88(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
Vista SP1 can bitstream as it supports Wasapi exclusive mode. Sounds like the GPU is the limitation if your settings are otherwise good.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-04-29, 11:51)steelman1991 Wrote: Not 100% convinced that HD Audio bitstreaming works with Vista.
I used to be able to bitstream HD audio with my previouse Vista machine....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
(2012-04-29, 19:49)DDDamian Wrote: Vista SP1 can bitstream as it supports Wasapi exclusive mode. Sounds like the GPU is the limitation if your settings are otherwise good.
Bow to your superior knowledge - seem to recall having an awful time with Vista and a 5450 card and never quite managing to get it to work.

However I don't think the poster has enlightened us to the rest of his hardware - only that he has a receiver which supports bitstreaming, so your assumption is likely correct that it is a limitation of his GPU.

Hi DanielaE

I noticed you're using the AMD Fusion E-350 platform... me too, I have an Asus E35M1-I DELUXE.

I've had success bitstreaming HD audio with both your patched XBMC and also XBMC AE.
I see you have tested with both Realtek HDMI Audio driver and AMD Catalyst HDMI audio driver.
Is there any benefit with using the Realtek HDMI Audio driver over the Catalyst driver?
Also are there any XBMC settings that are recommended to be used with the E-350 platform?

I'm running Win 7 x64 with AMD Catalyst 12.4 drivers.

Thanks

Jerry
PS Thanks for the great patch!
First of all I must say this is a great patch, I have been using the HDAudio patch for a month now and it has been flawless!

However I ran in to a problem today when I received my pulseeight cec adapter which doesn't work with xbmc's official builds (at least not when you have a receiver between the tv and the htpc).

would be awesome if the cec patch could be integrated into these builds
https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/887

otherwise I think I will have to live without the cec adapter until XBMC official builds get the HD audio working, which seems to take a while...
Hi,

I have just updated to Eden with the HD audio pack and and im getting major playback issues.

on my TV it just keeps dropping frames and audio and stutters constantly every few seconds (the system is more than powerful enough)

when i connect it to my desktop monitor so i can diagnose the issue which is set to 1920x1200 @ 60hz all the videos playback like they are being fast forwarded.

I have a new 7750 ATI card with 2500T processor on Windows 7 x64.

all the drivers are upto date.

My Setup:
TV: Pioneer Kuro 50inch LX508D
Surround: Marantz SR8002 + Orbs Audio Mod2 5.1 Video Processor: Lumagen XS3D
Nas: Qnap 509 Pro 1.5TBx5 Raid 5 HTPC: Silverstone GD05 + Asrock H67M-ITX/HT + Intel 2500T + 4GB G.Skill ECO 1600Mhz 1.35v + AMD 7750 DDR5 1GB + Seasonsonic X460 (fanless psu) + Crucial M4 64GB SSD + Themaltake VFD A2328 Remotes: Logitech Harmony 700 + Logitech K400 wireless Keyboard/touchpad.

I have discovered that when i enable the HDMI i start getting these issues and when i disable HDMI it works fine.

i am using the latest version 17th April 2012.

Thanks
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
@Asian-
Try these-

1. Select AMD HDMI audio output in Windows 7 control panel
2. Select AMD HDMI audio output and select WASAPI: SR8002 (high definition......) in XBMC settings/system/audio output
3. Disable "DXVA2" and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscree" in XBMC settings/system/video output
Hi Bluray,

Thanks I have installed the official version of Eden and HDMI works fine so I will try the HD pack again later tonight.

PS: do you monitor every post on XMBC Smile - dont know why they have not given you MOD status, amount of help you provide to the users.

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
sry, wrong thread
(2012-04-29, 04:19)Streamerke Wrote: I have the latest GPU driver installed. Yes I have the correct HDMI output in my VISTA control panel. Yes I did choose the correct HDMI output in XBMC. When I play a TrueHD movie and I unflag the setting "TrueHD capable receiver" then I do get output.

No I did not enable DXVA2 as it creates problems on playback of some of my content.

I'll do a test again tomorrow to make sure I try all possible settings and I'll come back after that. Thanks for your help so far!

Hi all,

I tried again and can confirm the problems:

I have posted the a debug log and a couple of screenshots about the audio settings in Windows (VISTA, not 7!) and in XBMC here.

Some thoughts:
- See screenshots on Windows audio settings. I think I made the correct settings and tested all of the flags, all came back positive
- The debug log says “Audio format not supported by the WASAPI device. Channels: 8, Rate: 192000, Bits/sample: 16.”. This is strange as the settings were tested and came back positive.
- Bluray says “You need to make sure that you selected "WASAPI: TX-SR707 (High Definition audio......)" in XBMC settings/system/audio output” however I do NOT have this selection available in XBMC. How do I tell the PC it is hooked up to an Onkyo TX-SR707? Is there a driver I should install? Seems like I am missing something here…
- Enabling DXVA2 hardware rendering does not make any difference
- I have a Geforce GS9600, is this the bottleneck? I have a relatively old machine (4 years old) however it performs extremely well otherwise.
- GPU Nvidea drivers are up to date, I believe the version installed dates back only a few weeks.

@ steelman1991, I will try decoding to LPCM later. Perhaps this is an option. Sure it looks nice to see the “TrueHD” sign on the receiver but then I care more about the actual results in terms of audio quality.

Thanks for the help so far guys!
@Streamerke - TrueHD/DTS-MA require a link with 8ch, 192000hz, 16bits/sample - if the driver rejects this you will not ne able to bitstream, nor to decode TrueHD at full rate. Time to update that GPU.
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-01, 14:50)Streamerke Wrote: - I have a Geforce GS9600, is this the bottleneck? I have a relatively old machine (4 years old) however it performs extremely well otherwise.

Can you stream any audio, like vanilla DD 5.1 out of this graphics card ?

As far I know, the GS9600 featured HDMI, but only had a SPDIF input for bitstreaming, so 5.1 should be possible. DTS with its 1500 kbps
is ok, but HD audio formats definitely not ok. 8 channels of 16-bits PCM at 192 KHz is 25 Mbps....

If you have movies with TrueHD or DTS-HD MA audio tracks, you could let XBMC extract the "core" information, which gives you 5.1 DTS or
5.1 DD.

Or get a cheap graphics card <disclaimer: no fan boy> like a GeForce GT 520 (30-40 euros) </disclaimer> which can do HD audio streaming.

HTPC: MS-Tech MC-1200 | Asus F2A85-M | AMD A10-6700 | OCZ Agility3 120GB | Corsair Vengeance 2x4GB DDR3| LiteOn iHOS104 BDR | Win10 x64 | Kodi 15.2
Home AV: Philips 42PFL5038 | Sony BDPS6500 | Onkyo TX-NR636 | Sony PS4 | Logitech Harmony Elite | Sonos audio | Apple TV Gen 4 | Nvidia Shield Android TV | 5.1 speakers (TMA, Klipsch)
(2012-05-01, 15:17)DDDamian Wrote: @Streamerke - TrueHD/DTS-MA require a link with 8ch, 192000hz, 16bits/sample - if the driver rejects this you will not ne able to bitstream, nor to decode TrueHD at full rate. Time to update that GPU.

Oh man... what a pity!

Do you have a suggestion? What should I be looking for? Will any new generation graphics card do? Do I need to take into account that I am running Vista? I have never replaced a GPU but now that I was planning on giving my "old" PC a new life as a media center I think I will have to.

I realize that this is off topic however it would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction.
(2012-05-01, 09:41)a5ian300zx Wrote: Hi Bluray,

Thanks I have installed the official version of Eden and HDMI works fine so I will try the HD pack again later tonight.

PS: do you monitor every post on XMBC Smile - dont know why they have not given you MOD status, amount of help you provide to the users.

a5ian300zx
Thank you for the compliment. I'm just a regular DIY user and try to help others. I don't need special treatment. As long as you and others happy, I'm happy.......

This is nothing compare to installing the entire dripping system in my neighbor backyard.....
(2012-05-01, 15:45)Streamerke Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 15:17)DDDamian Wrote: @Streamerke - TrueHD/DTS-MA require a link with 8ch, 192000hz, 16bits/sample - if the driver rejects this you will not ne able to bitstream, nor to decode TrueHD at full rate. Time to update that GPU.

Oh man... what a pity!

Do you have a suggestion? What should I be looking for? Will any new generation graphics card do? Do I need to take into account that I am running Vista? I have never replaced a GPU but now that I was planning on giving my "old" PC a new life as a media center I think I will have to.

I realize that this is off topic however it would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction.
Vista is fine....this $40 "XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 6450 1GB" is all you need.....

^^^ second the vid-card selection - will do everything you need your HTPC to do at a very reasonable price / power consumption point.
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17