• 89(current)
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats
(2012-05-01, 15:49)bluray Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 09:41)a5ian300zx Wrote: Hi Bluray,

Thanks I have installed the official version of Eden and HDMI works fine so I will try the HD pack again later tonight.

PS: do you monitor every post on XMBC Smile - dont know why they have not given you MOD status, amount of help you provide to the users.

a5ian300zx
Thank you for the compliment. I'm just a regular DIY user and try to help others. I don't need special treatment. As long as you and others happy, I'm happy.......

This is nothing compare to installing the entire dripping system in my neighbor backyard.....
(2012-05-01, 15:45)Streamerke Wrote:
(2012-05-01, 15:17)DDDamian Wrote: @Streamerke - TrueHD/DTS-MA require a link with 8ch, 192000hz, 16bits/sample - if the driver rejects this you will not ne able to bitstream, nor to decode TrueHD at full rate. Time to update that GPU.

Oh man... what a pity!

Do you have a suggestion? What should I be looking for? Will any new generation graphics card do? Do I need to take into account that I am running Vista? I have never replaced a GPU but now that I was planning on giving my "old" PC a new life as a media center I think I will have to.

I realize that this is off topic however it would be nice if someone could point me in the right direction.
Vista is fine....this $40 "XFX HD-645X-ZQH2 Radeon HD 6450 1GB" is all you need.....

Thanks, this card seems to need a 400W power supply though, while my PC only has 300W.

Is the PCI bus type relevant. I see cards with version 2.0, 2.1, 3.0 etc. while I do not know the bus type of my PC. It certainly supports PCI Express, just don't know whether or not the version is important...
A Radeon 6450 doesn't require a 400W PSU, that's for sure. It's power intake is in the 20W range. The PCIe version is irrelevant, too - even a PCIe 1.0 x1 is fine with HTPC applications.
ciao, Dani

AMD Fusion E-350/Win 8/custom XBMC, Yamaha RX-V1900, Pioneer DV-LX50, custom speakers
While my initial comments on the 6450 were not overly flattering, I have to say that for those of us who run 1080p/24 setups it is the card of choice as it is able to maintain an accurate 23.976 frame rate without any frame drops, which is key to enjoying HD bitstreaming in conjunction with 1080p/24.

A 6450 does not need anything even close to 400 watts. I run an Intel i-3 with the 6450 off of a PicoPSU setup and the power consumption during media playback is typically about 30 watts.
OK thanks guys! That is what I thought...

What about 1080p50 without frame drops? Can this Radeon do this?
(2012-05-01, 17:11)DanielaE Wrote: A Radeon 6450 doesn't require a 400W PSU, that's for sure. It's power intake is in the 20W range. The PCIe version is irrelevant, too - even a PCIe 1.0 x1 is fine with HTPC applications.

I have this card on one of my htpc's, good card, just keeps workin and workin!
Considering installing this since i have a lot of dts hd movies on my nas.

However, i only have a mac mini 2011, sandy bridge dual core with intel 3000 hd and a vsx 921 pio reciever.

Will this work with my machine, just asking cause i dont want to install windows just to find out its not working.

Thank you.

If its not possible, is the only way i can bitstream to build a new htpc, since i have a mac mini i mean.
I remember reading i need to install intel MEI audio stuff, to enable bitstreaming, however i can only find desktop board downloads
TV: UE55F8005
XBMC: Mac mini 2012 with windows 8.1
SOUND: Sonos playbar + Sonos Sub + 2x Rear Play: 3
(2012-05-01, 18:38)henrikyo Wrote: Considering installing this since i have a lot of dts hd movies on my nas.

However, i only have a mac mini 2011, sandy bridge dual core with intel 3000 hd and a vsx 921 pio reciever.

Will this work with my machine, just asking cause i dont want to install windows just to find out its not working.

Thank you.

If its not possible, is the only way i can bitstream to build a new htpc, since i have a mac mini i mean.
I remember reading i need to install intel MEI audio stuff, to enable bitstreaming, however i can only find desktop board downloads

Yes, this should work. I use an i3-2105 (dual core) with HD Graphics 3000 on Windows 7 Home Premium and it bitstreams just fine. You just cannot use DXVA2 hardware acceleration with it. The way you get HD audio is by installing the graphics drivers from Intel, but the ones from Windows Update seem to work just fine as well.
(2012-05-01, 18:38)henrikyo Wrote: However, i only have a mac mini 2011, sandy bridge dual core with intel 3000 hd and a vsx 921 pio reciever.
You should be able to playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with your HD3000 iGPU. I can playback blu-ray full 1080P with the i5/HD2000 fine.

You can simply update the latest Intel driver from here- Check your system for the latest updates. You might need to install this "Intel Management Engine Interface Driver" too......

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
thanks so much guys, really appreciate it Smile installing windows now Big Grin
Hello,

I'm using build 11.0_HD_2010417 and I've found that in XBMC the video slows down every few seconds. I've tried MPC-HC x86 1.6.1.4081 and the same video is smooth.

I don't have the same configuration in XBMC and MPC-HC (for example, MPC-HC has a default config, no codecs installed in the sytem so is using the ones built-in) but I'm thinking in a configuration problem or XBMC problem here.

My setup is the following:

PC with AMD Radeon HD 6450 (Windows 7 x64):

- DVI to a 20" LCD @ 1680x1050
- HDMI to a 42" TV (Philips 42PFL8404H @ 1920x1080) through a receiver (Yahama SR-301)

I'm using Catalyst 12.3 with the HDMI Audio Driver. I've setup XBMC as in the pictures in the first post: HDMI, 7.1, AC3, DTS-HD Master Audio, DD+, DolbyTrueHD and WASAPI on AMD HDMI.

Do I need to configure XBMC, Windows, Catalyst, etc. for smooth playback? I'm thinking that the Yamaha nor the TV affects the playback because using MPC-HC plays smooth but please advice about these devices would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

PS: I'm pasting the info of one of the files that play slow every few seconds to see if it helps:

Code:
General
Format                         : AVI
Format/Info                    : Audio Video Interleave
File size                      : 1.57 GiB
Duration                       : 1h 42mn
Overall bit rate               : 2 178 Kbps
Writing application            : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)
Writing library                : VirtualDubMod build 2540/release

Video
ID                             : 0
Format                         : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile                 : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP          : 2
Format settings, QPel          : Yes
Format settings, GMC           : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix        : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode                    : Packed bitstream
Codec ID                       : XVID
Codec ID/Hint                  : XviD
Bit rate                       : 1 721 Kbps
Width                          : 720 pixels
Height                         : 400 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate                     : 23.976 fps
Original frame rate            : 25.000 fps
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
Bit depth                      : 8 bits
Scan type                      : Progressive
Compression mode               : Lossy
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.249
Stream size                    : 1.24 GiB (79%)
Writing library                : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
ID                             : 1
Format                         : AC-3
Format/Info                    : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                 : CM (complete main)
Codec ID                       : 2000
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 6 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                      : 16 bits
Delay relative to video        : 18ms
Stream size                    : 329 MiB (21%)
Alignment                      : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration           : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration   : 500 ms

Is this slow movement the "famous" judder effect?
Btw, since i have to disable dxva2 on my mac mini, does it still handle high bitrate bluray rips okay, its the 2011 model with dual core sandy bridge 2.3ghz?
(2012-05-01, 23:10)serieofilo Wrote: Hello,

I'm using build 11.0_HD_2010417 and I've found that in XBMC the video slows down every few seconds. I've tried MPC-HC x86 1.6.1.4081 and the same video is smooth.

I don't have the same configuration in XBMC and MPC-HC (for example, MPC-HC has a default config, no codecs installed in the sytem so is using the ones built-in) but I'm thinking in a configuration problem or XBMC problem here.

My setup is the following:

PC with AMD Radeon HD 6450 (Windows 7 x64):

- DVI to a 20" LCD @ 1680x1050
- HDMI to a 42" TV (Philips 42PFL8404H @ 1920x1080) through a receiver (Yahama SR-301)

I'm using Catalyst 12.3 with the HDMI Audio Driver. I've setup XBMC as in the pictures in the first post: HDMI, 7.1, AC3, DTS-HD Master Audio, DD+, DolbyTrueHD and WASAPI on AMD HDMI.

Do I need to configure XBMC, Windows, Catalyst, etc. for smooth playback? I'm thinking that the Yamaha nor the TV affects the playback because using MPC-HC plays smooth but please advice about these devices would be very appreciated.

Thank you.

PS: I'm pasting the info of one of the files that play slow every few seconds to see if it helps:

Code:
General
Format                         : AVI
Format/Info                    : Audio Video Interleave
File size                      : 1.57 GiB
Overall bit rate               : 2 178 Kbps
Writing application            : VirtualDubMod 1.5.10.2 (build 2540/release)
Writing library                : VirtualDubMod build 2540/release

Video
ID                             : 0
Format                         : MPEG-4 Visual
Format profile                 : Advanced Simple@L5
Format settings, BVOP          : 2
Format settings, QPel          : Yes
Format settings, GMC           : No warppoints
Format settings, Matrix        : Default (H.263)
Muxing mode                    : Packed bitstream
Codec ID                       : XVID
Codec ID/Hint                  : XviD
Bit rate                       : 1 721 Kbps
Width                          : 720 pixels
Height                         : 400 pixels
Display aspect ratio           : 16:9
Frame rate                     : 23.976 fps
Original frame rate            : 25.000 fps
Color space                    : YUV
Chroma subsampling             : 4:2:0
Bit depth                      : 8 bits
Scan type                      : Progressive
Bits/(Pixel*Frame)             : 0.249
Stream size                    : 1.24 GiB (79%)
Writing library                : XviD 1.2.1 (UTC 2008-12-04)

Audio
ID                             : 1
Format                         : AC-3
Format/Info                    : Audio Coding 3
Mode extension                 : CM (complete main)
Codec ID                       : 2000
Bit rate mode                  : Constant
Bit rate                       : 448 Kbps
Channel(s)                     : 6 channels
Channel positions              : Front: L C R, Side: L R, LFE
Sampling rate                  : 48.0 KHz
Bit depth                      : 16 bits
Delay relative to video        : 18ms
Stream size                    : 329 MiB (21%)
Alignment                      : Split accross interleaves
Interleave, duration           : 42 ms (1.00 video frame)
Interleave, preload duration   : 500 ms

Is this slow movement the "famous" judder effect?
U sure thats the right file, since the ac3 audio track etc
(2012-04-30, 23:47)bluray Wrote: @Asian-
Try these-

1. Select AMD HDMI audio output in Windows 7 control panel
2. Select AMD HDMI audio output and select WASAPI: SR8002 (high definition......) in XBMC settings/system/audio output
3. Disable "DXVA2" and everything else in XBMC settings/video/playback
4. Disable "Use a fullscreen window rather than true fullscree" in XBMC settings/system/video output

tried the above and still the same issue Sad

could it be its not compatible with my 7750 GPU?

a5ian300zx
TV: Sony  65" A1E Surround: Yamaha RXA-3050 + ORB Audio Mod2 7.1.2 + SVS SB12-NSD Sub Processor: Darbee + DVDO iScan Mini Players: HDI Dune Solo4K + Apple TV4K + Vu+ Ultimo 4K NAS: Qnap TVS 871 Pro i7 16GB Ram 10GBe
(2012-05-01, 23:53)henrikyo Wrote: Btw, since i have to disable dxva2 on my mac mini, does it still handle high bitrate bluray rips okay, its the 2011 model with dual core sandy bridge 2.3ghz?

Any of the Sandy Bridges, i3 and up, are very capable of software decoding even the most demanding bluray remuxes. Even the older Clarkdale i3's have no problem software decoding high bitrate remuxes.
@a5ian300zx - post a log pls
System: XBMC HTPC with HDMI WASAPI & AudioEngine - Denon  AVR-3808CI  - Denon DVD-5900 Universal Player  - Denon DCM-27 CD-Changer
- Sony BDP-S580 Blu-Ray  - X-Box 360  - Android tablet wireless remote - 7.1 Streem/Axiom/Velodyne Surround System
If I have been able to help feel free to add to my reputation +/- below - thanks!
(2012-05-02, 00:42)a5ian300zx Wrote: could it be its not compatible with my 7750 GPU?

a5ian300zx
I know that you said the driver is up to date. Did you update Intel driver and AMD driver from the links below?

Intel- Check your system for the latest updates. You might need to install this "Intel Management Engine Interface Driver" too......

AMD- AMD Driver Autodetect

-You have a very powerful AMD GPU. It should work with DXVA2 enabled with DXVA as Render Method.....if you want to verify your AMD GPU, you can always try the standalone TMT5, PDVD11 or MPC-HC.....

-You have a very powerful Intel i5-2500k too, and it is equipped with a handsome HD3000 iGPU. If you cannot get it to work properly with AMD HD7750, you might want to try i5-2500k/HD3000 instead. It should be able to playback blu-ray in full 1080P and bitstreaming HD audio with ease....

>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS][PATCH]Bitstream output of HD audio formats17