Custom view mode for 4:3
First I'd like to apologize since I'm not too good at explaining my problems but I'm going to give it my best shot.

So after ripping a few of my tv-show dvds and playing them on my HTPC I've noticed that play in fullscreen mode (giant black bars on the sides) but when I play them on my playstation 3 from the dvd they appear to be a widescreen edition. So my original fix idea was to set up a custom ratio, which I did and it looks lovely. I changed my zoom amount to 1.18 and pixel ratio to 1.10 and it made the video look good and unstretched while taking up the full tv screen.

So basically I'm wondering is there any way to make it so that all 4:3 dvds/rips play in this custom view without it affecting natural widescreen dvds.

I'm sorry if this has been asked multiple times, I tried to search but wasn't able to find any solution, outside to just set it to run all movies in that custom view but that changes my widescreen files around too.

EDIT: I don't know if it makes any difference but I'm on windows 7.
System settings, Video, Playback and there's a setting "Display 4:3 videos as".

JR
jhsrennie Wrote:System settings, Video, Playback and there's a setting "Display 4:3 videos as".

JR

When I go there there is only an option for 16:9, zoom, and wide zoom. There isn't one for the custom ratio that I made. Is there a way you can manually add it to the list?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Custom view mode for 4:30