New library mode
I am still quite confused about the new library mode in Eden and how it deals with filtering the movie library.

Filtering functions - I used to click "movies" from the main menu and then had the option to click (...) to have various filtering options (filter by genre, filter by year). This options disappeared. I know that I can still do it through smart albums, but that's much more complex. Is there still an easy way to get the old functionality at ease?

Thanks in advance!!!
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
HTPC 1: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 2: Raspberry Pi 2 | HTPC 3: Raspberry Pi
steve1977 Wrote:I am still quite confused about the new library mode in Eden and how it deals with filtering the movie library.

Filtering functions - I used to click "movies" from the main menu and then had the option to click (...) to have various filtering options (filter by genre, filter by year). This options disappeared. I know that I can still do it through smart albums, but that's much more complex. Is there still an easy way to get the old functionality at ease?

Thanks in advance!!!

which skin are you using?
that still works the same for me in transparency
Vampirebat Wrote:which skin are you using?

Transparency I initially posted in the Transparency forum and was told that it is an Eden change of XBMC and unrelated to Transparency.
Server: Asus Sabertooth Z77 | Intel Core i5 3.4 GHz | 16 GB DDR3 | 128 GB SSD, 82 TB (9 x 6 TB, 7 x 4 TB)
steve1977 Wrote:Transparency I initially posted in the Transparency forum and was told that it is an Eden change of XBMC and unrelated to Transparency.
ahh i see what you mean now ...you can access recently added and genre...ect from the main menu by highlighting movies and pressing up to bring up sub menus.
as for making it work the way it used to from inside the movies list i dunno...they also appear to have removed the "go to root" option from the content menu which i used a lot
Vampirebat Wrote:ahh i see what you mean now ...you can access recently added and genre...ect from the main menu by highlighting movies and pressing up to bring up sub menus.
as for making it work the way it used to from inside the movies list i dunno...they also appear to have removed the "go to root" option from the content menu which i used a lot

Exactly. Is this a bug or is there a deeper logic? The filter-function was great and at least I used it a lot. It appears gone?!
Would really love to know whether this is a bug or on purpose? If a bug, any chance to see this solved before final Eden release?

Another example, which is hugely annoying is that this "bug" prevents me from showing an "album view" of music videos. If accessing from the main menu, it picks a track view, but no (...) to go to a different view such as showing artists or albums.

Thanks a lot!!!
Intentional. It all depends on how you enter the library.
May need some skin alteration.
Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting, read this first
Interested in seeing some YouTube videos about Kodi? Go here and subscribe
Don't think it is a skin issue (and T! devs also commented it is not).

Situation is that (...) disappeared from the movie list. So, when entering library from main menu, it does not allow me to filter by year or genre anymore. Skin allows to add sub-menuse, which allow filtering by year, but that's not as nice as it used to be in Dharma.

Any chance to get the (...) back? Thanks!
I've only done this with the Confluence skin, but try to open ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Home.xml (I'm not sure about the path)

Look for

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>

and remove the return parameter:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)</onclick>

The return parameter hides the parent directory button
I'm using the refocus pre-eden skin on a recent XBMC eden nightly, and that skin gives the user the option of adding or removing the filters as they see fit for both Movies and TV Shows (eg genre, year, recently added, director, studio, etc). This is an option available under Settings => Skin. If you can't see these options then it is a limitation of the skin that does not either allow for these filters in their skin, or does not make it easy to reach them through the default skin setup.

I think this discussion should be in the General Help and SUpport forum anyway...
Thread moved.

I've noticed this too. You will get the up directory (..) link if you go into the general menu option and then to the sub-option, but not if you go into the sub-menu directly from the home screen. Very inconsistent.
dnixx Wrote:I've only done this with the Confluence skin, but try to open ~/.xbmc/addons/skin.transparency/720p/Home.xml (I'm not sure about the path)

Look for

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles,return)</onclick>

and remove the return parameter:

Code:
<onclick>ActivateWindow(Videos,MovieTitles)</onclick>

The return parameter hides the parent directory button

What a useful bit of info. I remapped a couple of unused buttons on my remote to take me to TV Shows and Movies using this function call, but I was always annoyed with the parent directory showing up. I added return and now they are gone. Thanks.
Here is the link to what triggered this change. Anyone knows why this happened? Would really love to see this reversed and have it like it was before. A lot better!!!

https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/commit/7149...6ef3b591cb
Taken care of in Eden.

Cheers,
Jonathan
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
New library mode0