no sound after stand by mode
got XBMC running with showmix 2.5 skin on windows XP.

when i hit the power button on my remote it puts the PC on standby and when i reboot the PC in the morning or what ever, it loads back into XBMC, but no sound comes out. i have to exit xbmc (which doesn't ever work, i hit exit and it freezes so i have the ctrl+alt+delete to end the process) and start it again.

its just getting annoying coz i like to hide the keyboard and mouse away out of sight.

any fixes?
how is everything connected to the tv? through a receiver? with hdmi?
Windows 7 x64 Home Premium
Gigabyte MA78GM-U2SH Mainboard
ATI HD3200 Onboard
AMD 7750BE Dual-Core 4.00GB RAM
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
HTPC HMDI -> ONKYO TX-SR605 -> Panasonic TH-46PZ85U Plasma
straight to the TV with a DVI to HDMI cable, with the sound running through that using the ati HDMI drivers.
I dont understand... a DVI cable doesnt contain any audio? So are you somehow combining DVI with Toslink into the hdmi cable or some other audio source?
Motherboard P5N7A-VM, E8400 C2D 3.0 processor. NVIDIA 9300 graphics card. OpenELEC Stable - Generic x86_64 Version:3.2.4
HDMI connections are notoriously finicky in a computer environment. For starters, the connection is negotiated through a handshake. So, if one side (the computer) is shutdown, the connection is broken. However, since your going into standby, the computer still thinks upon returning to a normal state that connection is still good to go.

Its even worse with XP because XP's audio api is pretty crusty. I still have problems like this on occasion with Windows 7. The only way I can reliably have sound is to always shut my computer down after each use.
ATI HD3200 Onboard
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
yeah i noticed the xp hdmi audio drivers are real lame.

i'm thinking of trying XBMC with linux, seems to work better with remotes and audio and such.
Linux eh? I could never get HDMI sound to work through linux in XBMC :/

You can thank the HDCP working group and MPAA/RIAA bullshit for the mess that is HDMI lol.
ATI HD3200 Onboard
ATI HD3200 HDMI Sound
Do you have similar problems with other media players or a music player?
Always read the Kodi online-manual, the FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail Kodi Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules (wiki).
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
no sound after stand by mode0