Blue-Ray help
Ok, so I backed up my Blue-ray movies to my Hard Drive. I am not converting them, I want to keep the menue and chapter index. I noticed that in XBMC some of the Blue-Ray play back is a bit choppy. Were if I play the same movie with another program it plays back fine. So does any oine have any ideas on why this may be?
XBMC doesn't support BD menus. It picks the largest file and plays it. So, if you want the menu, extras, etc, you'll need TMT or PowerDVD.

Without knowing your system specs, your OS, or the XBMC version you run, it's hard to say why, but my guess would be a lack of hardware acceleration and/or codec support.
Im useing the latest XBMC build 10.1, I never DL and codex for it. Do you recomend any sdpecific ones? Im on windows 7 64bit, quad core, XFX Geforce GTS 250, 8 gigs of ram. Raided 10k rpm hard drives. I dont think its hard ware.... For the most part every thing plays fine but a few blue-ray movies, its like the fram rate is some times just a little off. 5.1 sound plays just fine.

I'm useing the andriod XBMC app to control, so I dont want to launch an external player..
Does this info help.

thanks
Mike
I have to set my system to Full Screen and disable Use a Full Screen Window under system settings for mine to play back smoothly. So I would play with the video settings And I still have issues from time to time with various files/discs.

Playback of bluray is still not going to be as good as something like TMT. External player is the way to go, especially on 10.1, you'll get menus, and HD audio formats.
wuench Wrote:I have to set my system to Full Screen and disable Use a Full Screen Window under system settings for mine to play back smoothly. So I would play with the video settings And I still have issues from time to time with various files/discs.

Playback of bluray is still not going to be as good as something like TMT. External player is the way to go, especially on 10.1, you'll get menus, and HD audio formats.

I will have to check when I get home, but I think I already have it set to disable full screen window under settings.
mpg732 Wrote:Ok, so I backed up my Blue-ray movies to my Hard Drive. I am not converting them, I want to keep the menue and chapter index.
If you want to enjoy all the original BD menus, chapter, preview, etc, rip it to ISO or BD folder is the best. You'll need to setup XBMC external player to enjoy it, and you can use my guide in this thread- Working External Player Solution.
>Alienware X51- do it all HTPC
>Simplify XBMC configurations
>HOW-TO Bitstreaming using XBMC
I refused to watch movie without bitstreaming HD audio!
I've been ripping to MKV's and they looks and sound great. I just have to get around to bluray's instructions for HD audio.
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
upgraded to the Bata and every thing plays much better..

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Blue-Ray help0