Solved [Subtitle] is forgotten when I resume episode
Hi all!

Uncertain if this is XBMC bug, skin bug or Subtitle plugin bug.
Give me a friendly hint if I ask in the wrong forum Smile

Subtitle is not kept if I stop a TV show and later resume it. This is at least the case if the TV show has a local default subtitle that I'm not using. I have to retrieve my chosen subtitle again each time I resume.

Not a big deal, but I think XBMC should have remembered the state of the last session. And that includes which subtitle I used and if it was offset with a few seconds etc.
The Real Skimshady
Am I in the right forum? If not, where does my question belong?
The Real Skimshady
I'm gonna go ahead and ASSuME you use the subtitle add-on in our repo.

This add-on needs to be configured to save the subtitles to the same folder which XBMC is set to look for them in. The latter is configured in our system settings>>videos>>Subtitles>>Subtitle folder
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.

pike Wrote:I'm gonna go ahead and ASSuME you use the subtitle add-on in our repo.

This add-on needs to be configured to save the subtitles to the same folder which XBMC is set to look for them in. The latter is configured in our system settings>>videos>>Subtitles>>Subtitle folder

Yes, I use XBMC Subtitle add-on.
And I also use the setting: Subtitle folder same as movie.

Shouldn't I be using this? Should it be a common folder instead for all downloaded subtitles? Where is this common folder in that case?

By the way, XBMC finds my downloaded subtitle also when I resume a video, but it chooses the default one anyway (russian or polish or whatever.) I have to scroll between subtitles to choose it without downloading again. A little labourous using the limited ATV2 control.
The Real Skimshady
I found this open ticket concerned with the same problem:

But it is fairly old.... And last activity in the log was 10 months ago.
Should I rely on this fixing the issue?
The Real Skimshady
Now it works at least! I will set this thread to solved Smile
The Real Skimshady

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[Subtitle] is forgotten when I resume episode0