• 11(current)
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite
vader88 Wrote:Ok, I found my problem. In Input Services Configuration I had to click on Advanced then uncheck "Use the Abstract Remote Model".

Now a new problem has come up, when I use the arrow keys in xbmc, it moves two menu items in one click.

There should be another option in the configuration to disable keyboard emulation. Not at home atm, so can't remember exactly what it's called
That does sound fimilar. I'll check for that and if it doesn't work, I'm probably going to give up. Windows Media Center does what I need now.

thearm
ccc101 Wrote:Can someone please post the direct link of
IR Server Suite

http://forum.team-mediaportal.com/ir-ser...6-a-33512/
So you mean that you can control the XBMC with a remote control the way tv's does?

If yes, please tell what remote control need to buy...

thanks in advance.
Hi!
I also have the same problem as thearm and vader88.

Eveything seem to work when i uncheck the "Use The Abstract Remote Model" option.

But my up/down/left/right/ok buttons gets double signals.

Any ideas?
OK So here's a fix to the double clicking arrows, and the people who couldn't get all the buttons to work right. Use either abstraction to send MCE commands, or translator to send keyboard commands, trying to mix and match doesn't work.
hey this is a great thread with a lot of information..but can anyone direct me to a topic where the members recommend which IR remote works best with xbmc, I need to pick up one and I am stumped to figure out which one works best....please help!
I've read the entire thread but i'm still confused.
This is the remote I'm using (from Thermaltake's HTPC )
http://www.soundgraph.com/pad-remote-feature-en/

I really don't care about the software included that is similar to XBMC. I just would like to use XBMC but with this remote.

Is there a way to do that?
Thanks so much.
to fix the double click problem when using irserversuite with translator (keyboard repeats) i just deleted the remote.xml in the xbmc/system/keymaps folder.
I'm relatively new to XBMC, but I love it already. I currently use it with my usb-keyboard, but I was wondering if it is possible to control with an old Bang&Olufsen IR Remote. If I use it through a IR receiver on my HTPC, would it be possible to map my keys on the remote to functions in XBMC?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.
Snowball Wrote:I've read the entire thread but i'm still confused.
This is the remote I'm using (from Thermaltake's HTPC )
http://www.soundgraph.com/pad-remote-feature-en/

I really don't care about the software included that is similar to XBMC. I just would like to use XBMC but with this remote.

Is there a way to do that?
Thanks so much.

I use the same remote (as supplied with the Silverstone LC16MR case I use). Found this thread very useful. Download that zip. It contains an xbmc.imo file (imon keymappings) and a keymap.xml (XBMC keymappings). Place these two files in the appropriate folders, I am not quite sure which folders that are, but you may figure out yourself. After a reboot it worked quite nice for me.

Oh, I renamed keymap.xml to zkeymap.xml. The xml-files in the XBMC-folder are loaded in alphabetical order and each loaded XML overrules previous loaded ones. That's why I made the name start with a Z Wink This guaranteed me that this XML is used as much as possible.
Laureus1 Wrote:I'm relatively new to XBMC, but I love it already. I currently use it with my usb-keyboard, but I was wondering if it is possible to control with an old Bang&Olufsen IR Remote. If I use it through a IR receiver on my HTPC, would it be possible to map my keys on the remote to functions in XBMC?

I hope someone can point me in the right direction.

I use EventGhost. EventGhost receives the IR codes then maps them to XBMC. That way I can change remotes whenever I need to and control other windows applications as needed.
  • 11(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[WINDOWS] HOW-TO get XBMC for Windows to work with remote control via IR Server Suite0