What if DVDFab doesn't work?
I had "internal errors" twice today ripping blu rays. One of which was on the new 3 episode hi def remastered ST TNG. So, I used Make MKV and put the files in TV Shows. Well, they all have subtitles. Am I meant to use Handbrake or something similar after using MakeMKV?
Server: Synology Diskstation 1511+ with 8x WD Red NAS 3TB drives, DSM 5.2
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
You can use handbrake if you want to compress/change format the video.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Well I thought the MKV that MakeMKX made would e fine but it made subtitles for some reason and I don't know how to get rid of them now.
Main HTPC: Home Built i3, 8GB RAM, Corsair 128GB SSD, nVidia 630GTX, Harmony Home Control, Pioneer VSX-53, Panasonic VT30 65" 3D TV, Windows 10, Isengard
Bedroom HTPC: Zotac-ID 41 8GB RAM, 128GB SSD, Rii micro keyboard remote, Samsung HW-E550, Sony 32" Google TV, OpenElec 6.0 beta 4
You're title is intially misleading - why title it about DVDFab, when its actually about MakeMKV?

When MakeMKV opens the Blu Ray title you are presented with a numnber of tracks (subtitle, audio and video). You then choose which ones you want to rip, by checking/unchecking the required ones.

If you don't want subtitles to be ripped, then uncheck them prior to ripping the title.

There is no need to use any other app, unless as pseudo7 states you want to compress and re-encode the file.

For those you have already ripped, you could try downloading MKVMerge (part of the mkvtoolnix package), then use the Header Options to remove the default/forced 'flags' of the subtitle tracks. The alternative but longer method would be to use MKVMerge to re-mux the file - removing the subtitle tracks in the process.

Or you could just re-rip the disc using MakeMKV and uncheck the subtitle tracks, prior to ripping - this assumes you still have the disc.
I titled it about DVDFab because that is what I have been using to rip movies. I got a couple "internal errors" over the weekend. I had been told that DVDFab was the defacto way to go for Blu Ray ripping so that's what I've been using for my MKV's for XBMC.

So what's the advantage of something like DVDFab when something so simple as MakeMFK exists?
it's personal preference. If you find makemkv fine then use that.

Flirc now has a forum: forum.flirc.tv
Yeah it never occurred to me that MakeMKV would get the job done so relatively easily.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
What if DVDFab doesn't work?0