Local time zone offset setting?
hi guys,

i have been looking everywhere trying to figure out how to adjust my time zone for the clock on the homepage, assuming i have it set to auto-udpate from the internet. i can't believe i'm the first person looking for this feature, but i searched all over the place and couldn't find it.

so unless i'm missing something simple that already allows me to do this, i'm planning to add a setting for "local time offset", right after the setting for the internet time sync server. it would be an integer from -23 to +23, defaulted to 0, which gets added on to the time that is pulled down from the internet server. if anyone sees any problem with this, or knows of a way to accomplish what i want without changing any code, please let me know.

fyi - i'm using a us-region xbox in the eu - not sure if that makes a difference.
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
isn't the timezone configured in the msdash is used to calculate the offset from utc ?
Always read the XBMC online-manual, FAQ and search the forum before posting.
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first.
you're right about that - thanks.

hmm, i wonder if there is a system api that could be used to update this setting from within xbmc...
read the xbmc online-manual, faq and search the forums before posting! do not e-mail the xbmc-team asking for support!
read/follow the forum rules! note! team-xbmc never have and never will host or distribute ms-xdk binaries/executables!
(kraqh3d @ may 15 2005,14:28 Wrote:isn't the timezone configured in the msdash is used to calculate the offset from utc ?
i don't think xbmc uses that, does it? Huh ...anyway it would be very nice not to have to go into msdash to do it, btw the reuqest/suggestion for it can be found here (link)
Do not e-mail XBMC-Team members directly asking for support. Read/follow the forum rules.
i think it uses it. when i change my timezone from the msdash, the time displayed in xbmc changes too.

and i agree that we need to be able to set the date and time from within xbmc, so that the msdash isnt necessary. and that xbmc should set it to some fixed date and time when its invalid. some games dont like it when the date and time are screwed up.
Question 
(kraqh3d @ may 16 2005,17:08 Wrote:we need to be able to set the date and time from within xbmc, so that the msdash isnt necessary.
yeah that would be a great addition!, btw for the record the suggestions/requests discussion for that can be found here (link), (and here too, partially, kind-of).

(kraqh3d @ may 16 2005,17:08 Wrote:xbmc should set it to some fixed date and time when its invalid.  some games dont like it when the date and time are screwed up.
geminiserver submitted a basic patch for that , but maybe that one should be extended though with a pop-up on bootup asking to confirm (similar to msdash)?

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Local time zone offset setting?0