• 115(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Good to hear @ant0n1j4

Also, I have just updated XSqueeze to now support linux-on-arm platforms (like AKASO M8 etc) - V1.2.7
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Stupid question, but wasn't able to find the answer (or which version is currently running):
In order to update to the latest XSqueeze version on LibreElec/Kodi 17, do I have to re-install the bossanaova808 repo via the Zip file?
The wiki only describes the first installation:
Quote:In order to install XSqueeze, you must first enable the bossanova808 repo in XBMC. You can accomplish this by downloading the zip file at this link and installing the repo manually by following these directions.
Once the bossanova808 repo has been enabled, you will be able to install XSqueeze from it. Installing XSqueeze will automatically install any dependencies including XSqueezeChooser (the music choosing component), and the player binaries.
Thanks & best regards
Martin
Whatever version of Kodi you have, you have to have that repo installed to get XSqueeze. Once you have the Repo installed, updates are automatic (unless you disable them I guess!)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I've been having trouble getting XSqueeze to work and am looking for help.

Setup: RPi2 with hifiberry amp+ running OSMC

Squeezelite works if I run it from command line, I can discover it in the LMS web UI and play music, but XSqueeze gives a "can't connect to server" error. The XSqueeze config is able to autodiscover the lms server so not sure what's going on. There were some maybe skin-related error messages in the log so I tried switching skin to Confluence but no dice.

My log file is at: http://paste.osmc.io/zaqagugosa

Any help will be awesome
@NickWalker - more than likely something else is sitting on ports 9000 or 9090

Two options:
Find out what that is and stop/change it
Change the port in LMS AND XSqueeze to something else.

I don't know OSMC really at all, but basically server connection issues are pretty much always port (or general network) related.
I modified the skins to work with the artic zephyr skin in some manner.

Looking at the skins themselves (and I am in no way an expert), I am not sure how they worked in the first place. It seems there were many dependencies that were pulling from the confluence skin. It is now useable as a first pass. If anyone is interested I can upload

Its missing a couple of buttons based on the original but it is actually useable now
I guess I never noticed this before because I used other methods to load playlists.

I primarily use Spotify and don't have a local library. I can add playlists from Spotify to my favorites which provides easy access to playlists managed at Spotify. Through the web interface I am able to select and load these playlists through favorites. Using the chooser, I cannot. Basically when I go to favorites and then select an entry that is a Spotify playlist, it just drills in to the tracks, where I can play individual tracks but there is no play all button and just hitting enter like in the LMS managed playlist entry it doesn't start playing it just drills in further to the actual tracks

Basically I am requesting an update to xsqueeze chooser to either add a dialog that allows me to play now when I have the playlist highlighted in the favorites view, or the addition of a Play all entry when you drill into a list.
Not a solution as such but you realise @skarragallagher if you do this via apps you can both explore and play playlists?

I've not looked at it for so long now I can't recall why I did/did not do it for favourites the same way....if I find some time I will look at it but at least you can do what you want that way...
tried getting instructions from wiki but nothing sows when i click link?
@blueeyiz702 please post a debug log (wiki) of installing the repo.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2017-05-06, 06:34)nickr Wrote: @blueeyiz702 please post a debug log (wiki) of installing the repo.
ok

Sent from my Rooted Z987 on the Deathstar via Tapatalk
(2017-05-06, 04:01)bossanova808 Wrote: Not a solution as such but you realise @skarragallagher if you do this via apps you can both explore and play playlists?

I've not looked at it for so long now I can't recall why I did/did not do it for favourites the same way....if I find some time I will look at it but at least you can do what you want that way...
Thanks for taking a look at this as you have time. I will try your working

Sent from my XT1254
You folks should all check out Squeezebox for Kodi: http://forum.kodi.tv/showthread.php?tid=313912

....a similar but much more modern alternative to XSqueeze. Seems a bit buggy currently but shows a lot of promise and I'm really not planning on spending any more time with/on XSqueeze as I don't use it personally (never really did - it was jsut a demo/learning exercise that has got out of hand!)
I have to say that the addon that bossanova mentioned is pretty awesome. It brings a seamless squeezebox player into kodi. I recommend others give it try as well. Maybe bossanova can finally pass the torch...lol
What would be _really_ awesome would be somebody adapting squeezelite into a libsqueezelite and then incorporating that into Kodi as a proper internal player...

Just for history - XSqueeze was the first code I wrote after about a 10 year break from coding. I wrote it because someone was talking about how hard it wouldbe to do that ^ basically - I said it would be easy to embed a player. At that point squeezlite didn't even exist so the very first version was just using squeezeplay and it blacked out the screen and had the old two line VFD like display! Ah, good times. Anyway, people seems to like it so I worked on it a bit more, but this was before the JSON interface was all the way there, so it used all the old CLI (telnet) stuff and quickly became a bit of a mess. In retrospect, I wonder if XSqueeze somehow discouraged someone from doing a proper job and I am sad that even now, 5 or 6 years later or whatever it is, there still isn't a proper Kodi player that emulates a squeezebox. While it's great to see a whole lot of Kodi dev work in the music area, it would still be far nicer to be able to use LMS...which, despite it being a legacy product, remains to my mind far and away the best music serving software.

I really miss proper squeezeboxes Smile I still use my hardware ones....I have at least 6 or 7. And you can now build quite nice things (pi + touch display etc) - but it's such a shame not to have a great off the shelf system with its own screen, which was always the cool thing about squeezeboxes vs. pther solutions - and one that has such a malleable server system so you could do all sorts of crazy things with respect to music discovery etc.

It's one area of tech that has actually really gone backwards, although the Olive and Nativ players look interesting....but they are much more expensive unfortunately.
  • 115(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3