• 17(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Regarding my comment above: I've think I've cracked it by commenting out your logger.notify functions in default.py and nowplaying.py for starting and stopping squeezeslave. Your choice if you amend your code as I can always comment out again for new versions of XSqueeze.

CM
That's a bit weird, I am not intentionally triggering a sound as such, just using what (I think) is the standard xbmc notification....and it certainly shouldn't be louder than anything else, but I turn off GUI sounds so I don't really hear it Smile

The actual function being called is:

Code:
def notify(messageLine1, messageLine2 = "", time = 6000):
  imagepath = os.path.join(constants.__cwd__ ,"icon.png")
  notifyString = "XBMC.Notification("+ constants.__addonname__ + ": " + messageLine1 +"," + messageLine2+","+str(time)+","+imagepath+")"
  log("XBMC Notificaton Requested: [" + notifyString +"]")
  xbmc.executebuiltin( notifyString )

If you can work a modification to that which tempers the sound then sure I can do it, but I don't want to remove the startup messages as they were requested and I also find them useful....
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
I had a home-brewn commandline squeezeslave "solution" for my xbmc box for a little while, but wow, XSqueeze is an improvement!

I use Squeeze Commander on a Sony Tablet S to configure playlists. And now seeing photos of the currently playing Artist on TV almost brings back some memories of MTV.

Thanks a bunch
GF

Released 0.4.6 - preliminary cover art support for radio stations and (maybe) streams. I don't use any streaming services so let me know how you go with these...

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
This doesn't seem to allow connecting to password protected servers.

Plus: not gapless Sad
For troubleshooting and bug reporting please make sure you read this first (usually it's enough to follow instructions in the second post).
Bossanova808 - Just out of curiosity, have you had any ideas regarding the selection of music?
As mentioned somewhere up above my wife is having major surgery this week so my attention will be elsewhere for a while, sorry.

Password protected should be easy I guess although really can't see the point myself for a music server. But I can figure it out sure.

Gapless is up to squeezeslave so go ask them.

Building a list type selector should be do-able. But I won't have time for several weeks yet.

Patches welcome!!
Actually looking at it squeezeslave supports gapless apparently (or so the interwebs claims) - so you should be ok there? I don't really play many concerts or whatever but it sounds gapless to me normally, there's no obvious pause.

You may need to tweak some options to get it to work though, just guessing: http://wiki.slimdevices.com/index.php/SqueezeSlave

(2012-04-24, 00:35)bossanova808 Wrote: As mentioned somewhere up above my wife is having major surgery this week so my attention will be elsewhere for a while, sorry.

Good Luck to your wife.. hope it is nothing serious.
Works great using ATV1 and Crystalbuntu / Eden 11.0. running off USB
I am even using the Squeezebox iOS app on the iPad to control XSqueeze/Squeezeslave and everything works as it should.

Thanks. Bossnova808 :-)

0.4.7 just pushed - should work with username & password protected LMS now. Not tested though Wink

@wrxtasy - no problems - kinda surprised it works but glad it does Smile

@sdsnyr94 - thanks. It's not un-serious. But everything is going to be fine, I am sure.
Just tried out your plugin and it works great. Thank you.

Wanted to report a minor bug i discovered. I couldn't choose audio output, or i could but it wouldn't save it. I just added it to the settings.xml. I can't see that anyone else is having this problem, so it is no biggie. I'm running openelec pvr builds.
I am running those builds here too and it appears to work - did you perhaps hit 'exit' on the settings window (i.e. your back button) rather than 'ok' at the bottom. This is easy to do in XBMC as back is universally available so it's a strong habit, but the prefs won't save unless you hit OK.

What's your hardware as well? Generally you don't need to do this, especially under OE I have found it's 99% of the time just ok to let squeezeslave go automatic.
Question 
(2012-03-09, 03:53)bossanova808 Wrote: hmmm ok I will have to to different chmods for different systems then, I think, but that's no biggie I guess.

Thanks again - the weird errors coming back from POpen were not giving me much of a clue the chmod was failing and I am most of the time working blind on the Mac side of things....

Does the server discovery bit work as well? I am guessing it will...

Have Xsqueeze 0.4.7 on ATV 2 with XBMC Eden.

When it runs get Failed to Create Squeeze Slave Process
Then a reference to manually use Chmod

Looking for some expert help on this.

Have used Squeezeboxes and XBMC for years, but am not good under the hood. Hoping this can be fixed by an update. Ok with running SSH commands by copy paste though. Blush

KJ

There's no squeezeslave binary for iOS so you can't do local playback on ATV2 I am afraid. You can use the controller only mode though.
  • 17(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3