• 26(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
hmm ok give me a bit...

(you'd copy it not to addon_data but just addons/script.xsqueeze - but I think I know the issue anyway so hang on a tic and hopefully I'll fix the repo...)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ok yep problem was the .zip structure, something about my new laptop not right there, it seems).

0.6.1 now in the repo and working - force refresh it by using the context menu on the repo and it should then say 0.6.1 is available - install it and you should be right (works here on two machines anyway).

OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Awesome bro! It is now working! Thanks!
Ok so I have just released 0.6.2

This features the keymap changes discussed above - that is, when XSqueeze starts it installs a custom keymap to override some standard xbmc behaviour. When you exit the addon, this keymap is removed.

The keymap means that you will no longer get the annoying 'overlay' issues - that is, when you change volume, only the Squeezebox volume will change, and when you skip tracks, you won't get xbmc playlist errors.

This works with keyboard and MCE remotes, I have tested two so far. I have not tested with iOS etc, and it might have negative effects or not fully work. Please let me know if something is broken or you still get any annoying popups or weird behaviour.
Good to see you got it working!

Mind you I like to think of it as a piece of slick software engineering rather than a hack lol

If your worried about it crashing and leaving the keymap file behind you could always use a service to monitor if your addin is running, and if not delete the file and reload the standard keymaps.
Yep works a treat - thanks again for your help!. XSqueeze doesn't really crash very often so I am not worried and can't be bothered with a service at this stage, but if I get some reports of issues I can do that later...
I'm not sure if this is an OpenELEC 1.95.5 bug but after upgrading, there is no more sound from XSqueeze when playing. Going to XSqueeze add-on settings and selecting -o7 (alsa) hdmi but it keeps going back to -08 (alsa) default when I go back to check on the setting. It says -o7 on the local playback > choose audo output though.
Are you actually hitting OK when changing the setting? Sounds like the old 'hit back and not ok so settings aren't saved' chestnut... I use that OE on my shuttle and it works fine but iirc correctly I did need to choose an output and then hit ok...
Please ignore my issue. After restarting the LMS server, sound is back. Thanks for the fast response.
Bossanova808 - Just updated to 0.6.2 ..... The remapping of the keys makes things feel a lot smoother... great job!

On the right side, under the artist artwork, there is a blank area.... Do you think there is any way to get a lyrics add-on to run in that space, if such an add-on would function with XSqueeze?

***edit*** on 2nd look, I guess that whole space IS the artwork add-on?
@SCSI - yes that's right, I remember, I had to do that too after the upgrade to 1.95.5

@sdsnyr94 - The area on the right is the artist slideshow at the top and the artist bio at the bottom - see the screenshot in the wiki entry Add-on:XSqueeze (wiki) - I have noticed that sometimes the bios don't come down, but mostly they seem to work. Are you not getting them at all??

Theoretically one could call a lyrics add on I suppose...I've found them pretty hit and miss to be honest (with a very well tagged collection)...they'd have to support calling from other apps rather than just running as full things themselves. If you find one that can be called with song name plus artist parameters, and then sets a window property containing the lyrics, that would work.

BTW - does your XSqueeze ever auto update?? Or do you always have to force-refresh? I would have though 0.6.2 would have downloaded before this...
I have to force-refresh before I get the updates.

I don't think I have ever seen any of the artist bios's on my unit. I only thought of the lyrics idea to fill the space.... I usually have my screensaver running so would not see it anyway Smile
grrr ok I need to work that out - Bet there are a few people using ancient versions because of this. AS far as I am aware I am doing things right but I have seen other people talking about this....

I obviously force-refresh straight away so I don't really notice it but thanks for letting me know.
PLEASE ALL NOTE I HAVE CURRENTLY BROKEN MY REPO (DELIBERATELY) IN AN EFFORT TO FIX THE BROKEN UPDATES ISSUE.

In the meantime, to install, you can manually download the latest XSqueeze and Chooser and XSqueeze Common Module

Unzip all of these and copy them to your addons folder, then re-start XBMC.

---

UPDATE - Ok it's indeed an XBMC vs. GoogleCode in a fight to the death issue - http://trac.xbmc.org/ticket/13190 - I will leave those links up above until this is fixed and I can resume using the repo - but it will be forece-refresh OR nightlies only for a while, unless any fix gets back ported to an 11.1 release...

Ok so my repo as fine all along, it was an xbmc bug for which there is now seemingly fix: https://github.com/xbmc/xbmc/pull/1195

This means, though, that automatic updates will not work until this fix is committed to a Frodo nightly (probably early August), and you start using Frodo. Until then you will need to force refresh the repo to receive updates.

So - the working repo can be found here: http://bossanova808-xbmc-addons.googleco...-0.1.6.zip ... you should un-install the old one and install this. Force refresh the repo once installed and it should pull the latest versions of everything.

I'll post updates here if/when I add more to XSqueeze so that you will know to force refresh to get these updates (subscribe to the thread if you want notification, therefore).

• 26(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3