• 31(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Yep I am aware (but not sure why) the textures for the seek bar, random and repeat are not loading. You should have one more for the chooser though....

As for the rest being missing - that's something with the platform I would guess, as it's all working fine here. Have you got squeezeslave running in general on the platform yet?
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
(2012-10-07, 05:55)bossanova808 Wrote: Pi support is preliminary - I have only tried with Raspbmc and Xbian.....I don't think Openelec has the right alsa or something if I recall....

I'll give it a go with Raspbmc and see how I get on.
(2012-10-07, 12:22)RiverTrent Wrote:
(2012-10-07, 05:55)bossanova808 Wrote: Pi support is preliminary - I have only tried with Raspbmc and Xbian.....I don't think Openelec has the right alsa or something if I recall....

I'll give it a go with Raspbmc and see how I get on.

I gave it a go, but I get the same error.
I also found this post on Raspmc forum Read Here
hmm looks like they have removed alsa I guess. Not much I can do about the distros, you'll have to talk to them.

XBian was working a couple of weeks ago when I tried it but honestly I don't know much/really have a working set up that I can regularly test with.

Also, everything is a bit hampered right now by the general state of Python/Frodo which is making it all a bit messy to test etc. So at the moment I have pasued on it a bit because I am busy and can't be bothered wading through all the log crap which should disappear once all that settles down and Frodo heads towards RC (given feature freeze is 10/10, that shouldn't be too long).

(although that thread is a bit ancient actually)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Thanks for the answer, looks like I will have to wait for ALSA though I did find this post
(2012-10-05, 13:13)bossanova808 Wrote: Might as well try my latest test version, http://dl.dropbox.com/u/108804/script.xsqueeze.zip

(2012-10-05, 19:32)ReducedToZero Wrote: I'll have a play and let you know how it goes.

Had a play and have run this for a while now. XSqueeze under XBMCbuntu now runs as well for me as under windows Smile

Those few non touchscreen tweaks were clearly good ones! Smile

Thanks bossanova88.
'Zero

-----
Kodi Krypton 17.6 | Linux | FTV w/LiveTV 'Fred edition' | Maraschino Git | Kore v 2 | Chorus2
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Yeah I am holding off releasing as the artist.slideshow maintainer is moving so I can't release till that has the fixes in...

I just don't have much time right now to fully finish the touch stuff but will release it as experiment (the touch controls are off by default anyway) - and get back to it later when Frodo is closer and I actually have some time...

Anyway, hopefully pkscout emerges soon, merges my pull request & does a release, and then I will follow up with this more stable XSqueeze...but very glad it is working ok for you.

Just pinging in my interest for this plugin to be working on Raspbmc. Would be incredible if we could use the little Pis to distribute music throughout the home! Annoying that they've removed ALSA though
Noted - but go ping the raspbmc people. Even if they make it some sort of optional but easy to activate thing, that would help. But I have no time for the distro level stuff - basically, get them to look at it and once you have squeezeslave and xbmc running ok - then XSqueeze is no worries.

But yeah, it definitely seems a desired option. I know squeezeslave supports several sound paths, maybe something other than alsa would work? I really don;t know much about linux sound though

Just pushed 0.7.5 to my repo (you'll still need to do a force refresh to get the update until Frodo comes along)

- This has the preliminary touchscreen support (still messy/incomplete, but hope to get some more time on it soon)
- General fix ups and speed ups and pretty ups
- In particular, uses the patched artist.slideshow script just released to allw you to exit very speedily and quickly now
Hi bossanova808,

How can you refresh? I use this in Eden and received the update automatic. I use it only as a big screen for my player and it worked before. I only didn''t saw the artist-info.(right under) Now noting is showing and XBMC hangs after closing.

Hope it will work again soonHuh When using a real Squeezebox the sound--fading still works and I use the output to a different soundsystem. That's why I don't use Squeezeplay. It would be nice when the last 20 seconds of a track would blink to warn the next track is coming up. (in the timestamp)

Keep on the good work!

Greetings!
To force refresh you use the context menu on the add on repo (so settings->addons->get addons->bossanov808 repo->right click/context menu-?force refresh) - that said, it seems Googlecode have changed things up and now the repo is working automatically again even with Eden which is nice.

Not so nice is you having an issue - to help I would need debug log & system info as a minimum.

Re: not getting the artist info - you would need to turn this on in the artist slideshow script settings to get it to be retrieved....

Re: the rest - it's working ok here, but I will do some more testing. But a debug log is *always* the starting point for useful help with XBMC stuff....
@dropje

Just to confirm I just tried it in controller only mode here and it's definitely working fine....so definitely need a log to help.

I'd probably try deleting the addon and addon settings, re-installing and re-configuring just in case something has got messed up,

(2012-10-18, 03:21)bossanova808 Wrote: @dropje

Just to confirm I just tried it in controller only mode here and it's definitely working fine....so definitely need a log to help.

I'd probably try deleting the addon and addon settings, re-installing and re-configuring just in case something has got messed up,

Did that, but it still doesn't work. What has messed up is the recent update. Before it worked fine. I'll try to find out how to get a log. Sorry I'm a noob in XBMC. I use it under Windows.

Thanx anyway for the help.

http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Log_file

(needs to be a debug log)
  • 31(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3