• 33(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
0.8.2 out - should fix the crash on exit issues, and has cleaned up touch support including basic volume control.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Hi.

Everything works perfectly until about 15 seconds is left of a song. At that point one of my xbmc client starts to play the next track while my other client plays the song till the end.
So after each song one of my clients has a 15 second headstart. So I'm wondering if you know what could be wrong?

Both xbmc clients is installed on windows 7 64 computers and the LMS server is installed on the the same computer as the one where the 15 sec problem occures.

Code:
[12-11-28 23:37:37.3275] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value):  at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 150.
; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x95eaef4)
[12-11-28 23:37:37.3293] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value):  at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 150.
; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x95eb104)
[12-11-28 23:37:37.3322] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::sendStreamingResponse: illegal file descriptor or filehandle (either no attached file descriptor or illegal value):  at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Networking/IO/Select.pm line 150.
; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x95eaef4)
[12-11-28 23:58:30.5319] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[12-11-28 23:58:30.5758] Slim::Web::JSONRPC::requestMethod (443) request not dispatchable!
[12-11-29 00:00:32.6174] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP: Can't call method "controller" on an undefined value at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/Sync.pm line 146.
; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x95f16dc)
[12-11-29 00:00:45.5711] Slim::Networking::IO::Select::__ANON__ (147) Error: Select task failed calling Slim::Web::HTTP::processHTTP: Can't call method "controller" on an undefined value at /<C:\PROGRA~2\SQUEEZ~1\server\SqueezeSvr.exe>Slim/Player/Sync.pm line 146.
; fh=Slim::Web::HTTP::ClientConn=GLOB(0x95b5e2c)
Hmmm no idea on that one. That's an LMS/Squeezeslave issue, not really to do with XSqueeze I think. I'd ask over the in the squeezeslave thread at the slimdevices forum - http://forums.slimdevices.com/showthread...ueezeslave
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Alright I will try that. Thanks,
successfully got both my XBMC players up and running with synchronization! also got apps like Slacker to work, which is HUGE. Pandora doesn't work because I still have a free account so that might be next.

for others, i got the apps to work by changing the MAC addresses. with the default i was apparently having conflicts with other Squeezebox users (player is already registered error message), so i created random addresses.
does the add on setting for extra command line settings actually work? i tried entering [--name "xsqueeze laptop"] and all i got was an error message and the player failing to start. i then tried just [-n laptop] and the addon starts but LMS says its name is the default squeezeplayer? not a big deal, but it would save an extra trip to LMS to rename the player to something more friendly.

or am i doing it wrong?
Normally work but I haven't tried it a lot. You can see the actual process call in your log file, post it here (and try it on the command line to make sure it work there!).

I've only tried a couple switches though....mainly the -y 200 thing for Openelec to play without breaks (don't know if it still needs that actually)
(I think the quotes will be an issue but...) the '-n latpop' should in principle work fine- no quotes of course. Maybe it takes a moment for LMS to pick up the name change if you're using the same MAC?
Hi All,

Does anyone have this working with the latest Raspmc. I can't seem to get the app to launch from the home screen. I get the (connecting 10s.... thing) but then nothing. I launched the squeezeslave from the command line and this seems to work.
Also the xbmcbuntu Eden (PC), I get a similar behavior. "Connecting..." then "Couldn't connect" but actually the slave starts this time as its recognized by my android app.

In both cases I do not get GUI. I'll post a log if needed, but just wanted to know if there is any known issues with these particular platforms/versions.

Thanks
Nigma[/php]
1. ALWAYS post logs (via postbin, full debug logs)

2. I personally haven't tried my Pi in quite some time...I will try and dig it out of the cupboard soon.

3. There should be no issue on xbmcbuntu but I use Openelec and haven't tried that

It is running fine now on my two windows pc's, so I am trying to get raspberry openelec going as well.
I can't seem to connect to the server though. I can't autodetect the LMS, so I enter the info instead. I have checked to see that the info works from windows XBMC, and it does.
Can you read anything useful out of the log? http://pastebin.com/GusfkF78
Re running on RPi - trying running SqueezeSlave from command line to see if it is giving an error.
Yeah that log just says it can't connect to the server (and thus can't instantiate a player). Trying from the command line is definitely the way to go.

@paul - my RPi is in a cupoboard Smile - have you actually got XSqueeze working relaibly on any RPi version?? Any chance you fancy becoming the RPi XSqueeze man, or at least let me know some basic status info so I can update wiki etc. I jsut don't have the time right now...
Hi
I think mine stopped when there was a build of RaspBMC without Pulse Audio support.
I haven't tried for a while because TV usually used by family to watch stuff rather than me playing around with music.
I'll give it another try at the weekend. Will also try with new lightweight player by Triode - it is being actively worked on but is not a drop-in replacement.
I don't visit the forum much but do have a "watch" on this thread.
Yeah to try that you will have to run it manually and then try 'controller only' mode in XSqueeze. I have been meaning to get to that too, just swamped at work, so I am a bit stalled...
  • 33(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3