• 59(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Ok bossanova808, no problem.

Thanks.
@Morbeas - jsut had a chance to try again on Windows on my dev box at work and it is working fine. But I did have a glitch with my home machine (both are running Frodo 12.2) - so I will try have a look there. But in principle I think it's working ok.

Can I get you to try with DirectSound? just for a test. I suspect wasapi is not releasing the device properly, it's in exclusive mode - this was working for a while with Frodo but might have got broken again with 12.2

The whole engine has changed (again) for Frodo so in the not too distant future I will start mucking about with nightlies of that and make sure that device release is working ok. But that's the difference between my dev box and home box, so I think that might be it - given your log is complaining about device open errors....
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Sorry to report that still didn't work. Sad
Weird. OK, could I get a new debug log, and can you post your settings.xml as well (as found in your addon_data folder).

Also - did you reboot after changing to directsound? Also, just for kicks, reboot/restart your LMS server. And/or try a different Mac - you can get weird issues when a player registers and isn't probably released by LMS....
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Ok, which settings.xml file are you looking for exactly? The one in the /addon_data/script.xsqueeze folder? If so:

<?xml version="1.0"?>
-<settings><setting value="13:13:13:13:13:2b" id="MAC"/><setting value="0" id="connectpause"/><setting value="true" id="enableTouch"/><setting value="" id="liteargs"/><setting value="true" id="playback"/><setting value="Squeezelite" id="player"/><setting value="false" id="sendPlayOnStart"/><setting value="9002" id="serverHTTPPort"/><setting value="192.168.13.110" id="serverIP"/><setting value="***" id="serverPass"/><setting value="9090" id="serverPort"/><setting value="***" id="serverUser"/><setting value="" id="slaveargs"/><setting value="0" id="startuppause"/></settings>

PS. I've rebooted my LMS, rebooted my HTPC and changed my audio output device from WASAPI to DirectSound back and forth several times to no avail. I sent you a PM with my XBMC log.

As you can see above, I've also changed my fake MAC. Wink
(2013-09-27, 02:04)bossanova808 Wrote: @tyler - you're gonna need to get friendly with the command line to solve yours. It's not that hard....

I know I feel stupid for not knowing how to do it, but we all have to learn somewhere.

For some reason I now have a problem connecting to the server.

From what I have gathered from the WIKI I have tried this.

Code:
OpenELEC (official) Version: 3.2.2
OpenELEC:~ # squeezeslave -o12 -D 192.168.1.69
-sh: squeezeslave: not found
OpenELEC:~ # squeezeslave -o12 -D 192.168.1.69:9000
-sh: squeezeslave: not found

I don't think I have done it right, but I have no idea what else to try. The information isn't in the WIKI.
@tyler - ok you're mostly there. In Unix/linux, the current folder is not autmatically in the path. so you need to use:

Code:
./squeezeslave -o12 -D 192.168.1.69

That ./ means use the binary in the local path.

That should give you some more info to work with.

@Morbeas
Are you absolutely sure on that port? 9002? It's normally 9000.

And sorry - have you got it working via the command line outside of xbmc as a general test yet > sorry if I am repeating questions...busy as I mentioned!!
Yessir, I changed the port to 9002 to avoid a conflict with something else. And yes, everything works fine outside of XBMC via the command line.
(2013-10-02, 14:28)bossanova808 Wrote: @tyler - ok you're mostly there. In Unix/linux, the current folder is not autmatically in the path. so you need to use:

Code:
./squeezeslave -o12 -D 192.168.1.69

That ./ means use the binary in the local path.

That should give you some more info to work with.

Thanks for the input, but it still gets the same results.

Code:
OpenELEC:~ # ./squeezeslave -o12 -D 192.168.1.69
-sh: ./squeezeslave: not found

My Logitech Media Server is definitely running and the server IP Address is definitely 192.168.1.69

I can access the server via a remote laptop by going to http://192.168.1.69:9000/
FYI - With seemingly no changes to settings other than a switch between squeezelite and squeezeslave and back again I can now access the server through XBMC, however the commandline still brings the same response, and I still have no audio.

*edit* - Cancel that, I changed skin to Confluence and the connection is refused again.

*edit* - Got the connection back by swapping from Squeezelite to squeezeslave. Weird!
BTW, I am doing this command line stuff using putty and ssh. Is that right?
@tyler - you must be in the directory with the binaries for the ./ to work. 'cwd' or 'pwd' shout print out what directory you're in. then 'ls -al' to see the actual files in that directory, should give:

squeezelite-i64
squeezelite-i386
squeezeslave-i64
squeezeslave-i386

So you need to run

Code:
./squeezeslave-i386 -o12 -D 192.168.1.69        (if on 32 bit or if on 64 bit use:
./squeezeslave-i64 -o12 -D 192.168.1.69

All that being said, try squeezelite too - it's the much better and more modern player...

@Morbeas - ok so your problem is definitely xbmc/audio device related. Any chance of tryin Frodo 12.1 or 12.0 as a test for me? I will also try and get some time at home to look into it, but have two young kids so there's not much edge time in my life right now!
(2013-10-03, 02:53)bossanova808 Wrote: @tyler - you must be in the directory with the binaries for the ./ to work. 'cwd' or 'pwd' shout print out what directory you're in. then 'ls -al' to see the actual files in that directory, should give:

squeezelite-i64
squeezelite-i386
squeezeslave-i64
squeezeslave-i386

So you need to run

Code:
./squeezeslave-i386 -o12 -D 192.168.1.69        (if on 32 bit or if on 64 bit use:
./squeezeslave-i64 -o12 -D 192.168.1.69

All that being said, try squeezelite too - it's the much better and more modern player...
I found them - /storage/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux

Tried the command
Code:
OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezelite-i64
-o12 -D 192.168.1.69

and I get a simple text player. Still no audio though...
With Squeezelite I get this

Code:
OpenELEC:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezelite-i64
-o12 -D 192.168.1.69
Squeezelite v1.2, Copyright 2012, 2013 Adrian Smith. See -t for license terms
Usage: ./squeezelite-i64 [options]
  -s <server>           Connect to specified server, otherwise uses autodiscove                                                    ry to find server
  -o <output device>    Specify output device, default "default"
  -l                    List output devices
  -a <b>:<p>:<f>:<m>    Specify ALSA params to open output device, b = buffer t                                                    ime in ms or size in bytes, p = period count or size in bytes, f sample format                                                     (16|24|24_3|32), m = use mmap (0|1)
  -b <stream>:<output>  Specify internal Stream and Output buffer sizes in Kbyt                                                    es
  -c <codec1>,<codec2>  Restrict codecs to those specified, otherwise load all                                                     available codecs; known codecs: flac,pcm,mp3,ogg,aac (mad,mpg for specific mp3                                                     codec)
  -d <log>=<level>      Set logging level, logs: all|slimproto|stream|decode|ou                                                    tput, level: info|debug|sdebug
  -f <logfile>          Write debug to logfile
  -m <mac addr>         Set mac address, format: ab:cd:ef:12:34:56
  -n <name>             Set the player name
  -p <priority>         Set real time priority of output thread (1-99)
  -r <rate>             Max sample rate for output device, enables output devic                                                    e to be off when squeezelite is started
  -u [params]           Upsample to max rate for device, params = <quality>:<fl                                                    ags>:<attenuation>:<precision>:<passband_end>:<stopband_start>:<phase_response>                                                    ,
                         quality = (v|h|m|l|q)(|L|I|M)(|s),
                         flags = num in hex,
                         attenuation = attenuation in dB to apply (default is -                                                    1db if not explicitly set),
                         precision = number of bits precision (NB. HQ = 20. VHQ                                                     = 28),
                         passband_end = number in percent (0dB pt. bandwidth to                                                     preserve. nyquist = 100%),
                         stopband_start = number in percent (Aliasing/imaging c                                                    ontrol. > passband_end),
                         phase_response = 0-100 (0 = minimum / 50 = linear / 10                                                    0 = maximum)
  -z                    Daemonize
  -t                    License terms
OK so next step is to experiment with with the -l and then -o options to list and choose an output. Once you have audio working on the command line copy the settings into xsqueeze and you should be good.
  • 59(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3