• 67(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
@Martijn - thanks - that was the plan. Initially it didn't appear to be working - but googlecode was ropey last night. This morning I tried again and away it went so yep, it's all automatic now.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
hi,

i have a little problem with my xsqueeze installation. in my flat, i have 4 xbmc installations. 1 raspberry pi, 1 zotac amd 450, 1 jailbroken ipad2 and 1 xbmc installation on my pc. they all use mysql as backend database.
on all clients i got an script error message when i started the xsqueeze addon. the log shows, that it can't find the settings.xml and the tokens. another problem is, that all clients have the same MAC address. so i installed a fresh xbmc without mysql database connection. then i found the token and settings.xml in the userdata/addons folder. i copied these files to the mysql clients. now i can start the xsqueeze addon without the script error message and all clients have a different MAC address which i manually configured in the settings.xml. the problem now is, that on every start i got the welcome message. is there a way, i can fix that?
Ok, nothing with xsqueeze relates to mysql in any way.

You don't need to manually configure anything, you go into the addon settings, configure it, then make sure you hit OK at the bottom to save the settings.

It won't offer playback on an iPad 2.

If you're continully getting the welcome message, it's because the addon can't write the first run token to your userdata addon settings folder...basically, your installations are screwy if that is the case.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
hm....i can't confirm this. if i sync addon_data through mysql, mysql will not create the runtoken. the next problem is, that you don't have different MACs, so the LMS will see only one device.
temporary i disabled the addon_data sync through mysql and all went fine.
You are missing the point

XBMC doesn't support syncing of addon data via mysql.

You shouldn't be doing it, and it will break many addons, not just this one - but xsqueeze certainly doesn't, and won't, support this...because - well, it's stupid.
I have written a screensaver addon but it kicks in when Xsqueeze is playing, It's probably because your using an external player. Is there any way I can check via python that your app is playing so I can supress the scrensaver from kicking in?

thanks for the cool addon.

Ken Z
-ken Z-
Everything I have thought of so far is a gross hack. Maybe ask in the Python addons development forum in a more general way (detect if one addon is running from another) - you will probably get some of the good ptyhon peeps chiming in and if it's simple enough I am happy to do it (or you can fork my repo and do a PR - https://github.com/bossanova808/repository.bossanova808 )
I suppose you could add a hidden boolean item in your settings file called isRunning or something like that, then set it to true when you start up and false when you exit. I could read your setting and act accordingly. But your right that is a hack at best, but it would probably work.
-ken Z-
You could test for the presence of the xsqueeze keymap in the keymaps folder too, as that's installed at start then deleted at the end already. But yeah, big hack. Still, if you want to get it working give that a go.

File in question is reached via:

Code:
KEYMAP_PATH = xbmc.translatePath(os.path.join( RESOURCES_PATH, "keymaps" ))
KEYMAPSOURCEFILE = os.path.join(KEYMAP_PATH, "xsqueeze.xml")
KEYMAPDESTFILE = os.path.join(xbmc.translatePath('special://userdata/keymaps'), "xsqueeze.xml")

..so should take you about 30 secs from there.

(in constants.py of script.xsqueeze, and then actual code to install delete in default.py)
Thanks I will give that a go.
-ken Z-
Is there a way to have the audio for player come out of the 3.5mm jack of the raspberry pi and the audio for xbmc through hdmi?
If you specify a specific output to the plauyer you're using in xsqueeze settings, then you can direct xsqueeze's output to whatever you want really, separate to xbmc's audio settings. If you want them to play *at the same time* then you'd have to go into XSqueeze and comment out the audioengine suspend/resume lines, but why would you want that?
(2014-02-15, 05:20)bossanova808 Wrote: If you specify a specific output to the plauyer you're using in xsqueeze settings, then you can direct xsqueeze's output to whatever you want really, separate to xbmc's audio settings. If you want them to play *at the same time* then you'd have to go into XSqueeze and comment out the audioengine suspend/resume lines, but why would you want that?

ok how would i do this not sure? and is there a way to have the plugin run automatically on start up in the background?
You Google the instructions to the external players and add the extra command line settings you need in xsqueeze settings. The wiki also links to the pages.

You can run plugins at startup of xbmc via other addons etc. I believe - again, Google will be your friend on this.
Hey all,

Must be me!. When I open the repository it's just empty within XBMC - rem; what am I doing wrong? :-)))

Cheers
  • 67(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3