• 89(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
@nickos - you're really going to be a little more detailed if you want any help. What have you done, what's happening, full xbmc debug log etc. We're not psychic.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
hi bossanova 808
I xsqueeze install on xbmc on rpi. what is going well and just nothing. I added music xsqueeze tab as shown in the tutorial.
debug log (wiki)
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi

I also get scrip "error" ... "player process failed" and something about "manually CHMOD" (cuts off). Below is an extract from the XBMC.log which I found in the logfiles zip.

BTW, I have a Cubox-i4 running OpenELEC. I'm using LMS 7.81

Please help!

Many thanks, in anticipation :-)
Nic

08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### uname is: ('Linux', 'CuboxiOpenELEC', '3.14.20', '#1 SMP Wed Oct 29 22:17:36 CET 2014', 'armv7l', '')
08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### System is linux
08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### 13.9
08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### XBMC Version is Gotham
08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### (linux/arm) chmod +x the player binaries - success
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### XSqueeze (Author: bossanova808) Starting ...
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Called as: ['default.py']
08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Local IP is 192.168.2.118
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Installed custom keymap
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Suspended XBMC AE
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Starting local player [squeezelite], system is [linux]
08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: LocalizeStrings: no strings.po file exist at /storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/language/English, fallback to strings.xml
08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### XBMC Notificaton Requested: [XBMC.Notification(Starting XSqueeze and Connecting to LMS,Please wait a moment...(up to 10 seconds)...,4000,/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/icon.png)]
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386', '-m', '066545233332', '-s', '192.168.1.122']
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Path is: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze', '/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.b808common/lib', '/storage/.kodi/addons/script.module.xsqueezecommon/lib', '/usr/lib/python27.zip', '/usr/lib/python2.7', '/usr/lib/python2.7/plat-linux2', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-tk', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-old', '/usr/lib/python2.7/lib-dynload', '/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages', '/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/PIL', '/usr/lib/python2.7/site-packages/gtk-2.0', '/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/lib/classes', '/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/lib']
08:35:00 T:1968431104 INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/appcommand.xml
08:35:00 T:1968431104 INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/gamepad.xml
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Failed creating player process!
08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Exception:Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/default.py", line 327, in <module>
slaveProcess = subprocess.Popen(exe, shell=False)
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-master/build.OpenELEC-Cuboxi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-master/build.OpenELEC-Cuboxi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1249, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error
08:35:00 T:1659323472 DEBUG: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### XBMC Notificaton Requested: [XBMC.Notification(Failed to create player process,On OE/Linux/OSX you probably need to manually chmod +x the binaries,4000,/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/icon.png)]
08:35:00 T:1968431104 INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/joystick.Alienware.Dual.Compatible.Controller.xml
08:35:00 T:1968431104 INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/joystick.AppleRemote.xml
08:35:00 T:1968431104 INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/joystick.Interact.AxisPad.xml
08:35:00 T:1968431104 INFO: Loading special://xbmc/system/keymaps/joystick.Logitech.RumblePad.2.xml
08:35:00 T:1659323472 ERROR: EXCEPTION Thrown (PythonToCppException) : -->Python callback/script returned the following error<--
- NOTE: IGNORING THIS CAN LEAD TO MEMORY LEAKS!
Error Type: <type 'exceptions.OSError'>
Error Contents: [Errno 8] Exec format error
Traceback (most recent call last):
File "/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/default.py", line 336, in <module>
output, result = subprocess.Popen(exe, stdout = subprocess.PIPE, stderr = subprocess.PIPE, shell=False).communicate()
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-master/build.OpenELEC-Cuboxi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 679, in __init__
File "/home/stephan/projects/openelec-master/build.OpenELEC-Cuboxi.arm-devel/Python-2.7.3/.install_pkg/usr/lib/python2.7/subprocess.py", line 1249, in _execute_child
OSError: [Errno 8] Exec format error
-->End of Python script error report<--
What processor does the cubox have? I thought it was arm. The addon is clearly trying to start the i386 squeezelite, probably assumed from the Linux OS.

Yes your processor is arm. You could try dropping the arm squeezelite into the Linux directory.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hi
the Cubox-i has an i.MX6 Quad = 1.2 GHz ARM Cortex A9 quad cores platform
Will try: https://squeezelite.googlecode.com/files...te-armv6hf

Cheers
Nic

No change...
I renamed: squeezelite to squeezelite.old and replaced it with squeezelite-armv6hf in /storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/osx/

Same problem occurs

Regards
Nic
Can you get to the command line on this thing? If so, try get squeezelite running from there directly. That's the best way (see the squeezelite page

https://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/

..for instructions).

If you can get it going from the command line then we can work on integrating it back in to xsqueeze which is basically jsut a combination of checking the xbmc platform tags and/or the output from uname -a basically.

(why did you replace the osx (ie mac) binary? That was never going to work! Try the linux one)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Your log shows that it is trying to run the i386 version:

08:35:00 T:1659323472 NOTICE: ### XSqueeze-1.1.4 ### Attempting to start player: ['/storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/squeezelite-i386', '-m', '066545233332', '-s', '192.168.1.122']

In other words it thinks you are running a x86 32 bit linux.

I would put a squeezlite that works into the file system named as per the bolded text above. You seem to hace replaced the osx version.

This is of course a hack until bossa figures out why his addon makes this mistake and sorts out a new version - which I am sure he will do in due course as he is very proactive and helpful.
Hi bossanova

I switched squeezelite-i386 in /storage/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux/. I just renamed squeezelite-i386 to squeezelite-i386.old and then renamed squeezelite-armv6hf to squeezelite-i386 (I couldn't fine the script where squeezelite-i386 is referenced, otherwise I'd have changed that).

Now I get further ... but "couldn't connect to player" then "Pause & resume AE after 2 seconds"

Will try the command line approach too...

The osx was a braino...

cheers
Nic
From command line I get:

[00:40:14.348405] test_open:124 playback open error: Device or resource busy
[00:40:14.348992] output_init_common:373 unable to open output device

Seems to be a problem with the audio out... I've tried various options in the xsqueeze GUI too, but no joy...

Sorry I'm a linux noobie :-(
Nic
Ok, so that' not such a bad sign, though, as at least the binary is running.

This is a version of openelec, right?

Can you give me the full output of 'uname -a'

My guess is that squeezelite is defaulting to the wrong audio device, and/or competing with xbmc for it. All the normal rules apply (see xsqueeze wiki) -GUI sounds must be off, XBMC must be set to release the audio device etc. But basically I would normally drop to command line, then kill xbmc manually by looking at the output of
ps aux | grep xbmc
kill -9 the xbmc process id
then try running squeezelite again. If still no go, try getting it to list the outputs (see squeezelite options on that page I linked), then manually pick the appropriate one.

None of that is too hard and you can google some basic linux commands for more info. Bit short on time to spell it all out. But if you get stuck along the way, ask
Hi
uname -a output is: "Linux CuboxiOpenELEC 3.14.20 #1 SMP Wed Oct 29 22:17:36 CET 2014 armv7l GNU/Linux"

Tried all the outputs:

CuboxiOpenELEC:~/.kodi/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/linux # ./squeezelite -l
Output devices:
null - Discard all samples (playback) or generate zero samples (capture)
default:CARD=imxspdif - imx-spdif, - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=imxspdif - imx-spdif, - Default Audio Device
iec958:CARD=imxspdif,DEV=0 - imx-spdif, - IEC958 (S/PDIF) Digital Audio Output
default:CARD=imxhdmisoc - imx-hdmi-soc, - Default Audio Device
sysdefault:CARD=imxhdmisoc - imx-hdmi-soc, - Default Audio Device
hdmi:CARD=imxhdmisoc,DEV=0 - imx-hdmi-soc, - HDMI Audio Output

No improvement. Seems to be a problem with the XBMC/Kodi audio release...

Strange, every time I run "ps aux | grep xbmc" the PID goes up by 2. When I try and kill xbmc, it tells me "no such PID"

Cheers

Nic
I suspect the process you're seeing when you do the PS is actually ps | grep xbmc itself and not xbmc.

I dont have easy access to an openelec install right now (renovating, most of my stuff is tuck in storage) but i am sure you can ask/find on their forums how to kill xbmc. But I'll bet dollars to donuts iot's your xbmc settings holding the device open instead of releasing it.

Thanks for hte uname stuff - basically, if you can get it to work rfom the command line, I will then look at making it work properly with xsqueeze itself, so let's get there first (you're close I'd say!)
Code:
killall -9 xbmc.bin

on x86_84 or i386 anyway. xbmc is actually a shell script that sets up a few things then starts xbmc.bin. Dunno if it is the same on linux/arm.
Thanks nickr and bossanova808

I found this on http://wiki.openelec.tv/index.php?title=Ssh_commands:

"The most important command while OpenELEC is developing (especially on v2 (Eden) is how to restart XBMC without a reboot. To restart XBMC, simply type
killall -9 xbmc.bin

This will effectively KILL the XBMC process (ending whatever it may have been doing) and restart it. Note: Only use this as a last resort. Occasionally, the development builds tend to freeze and this is a good way to restart XBMC as opposed to a cold reboot.

To stop XBMC from starting over and over again, for instance when something goes wrong in the initialization process, use the following command:
touch /var/lock/xbmc.disabled

After a reboot, this lock file will be gone, so XBMC will (try to) start again after a reboot."

Will try this tonight...
  • 89(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3