• 90(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Hi. I have a slight issue with my install and I hope you can help. When the slideshow is running and the image is static my mouse is unresponsive. When the pictures are in the process of changing my mouse works. I have to time my mouse use with precision. I have noticed that whilst i'm running the newest version of the addon, my choose is version 0.6. Could this be the problem? I updated the addon a few days ago from a newly installed repo from your download page. I noticed a few posts back someone else was having a similar problem and i think you pushed an update which i don't have. Is there a way to update the xchooser manually? Hope this makes sense! Thanks. Btw, love this addon!!
O.1.6 is the latest chooser. It should auto update if you have the latest copy of my repo? That's available from the xsqueeze wiki page. Otherwise just go into my repo in your addons section and I think you can install/update jsut the chooser manually from there, as long as teh repo version is not ancient and still pointing to googlecode, I shifted to github a long time ago.

Make sure you're all current, and if you still have issues pastebin a full debug log of the issue and I will have a look
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Thank you for your reply.

I am an idiot.

I do have the latest chooser installed. The slideshow is definitely causing me a slight issue. I can live with it but will provide a log when I'm back at home in case there is something there that can explain it. It could just be that my device simply can't handle the images (which, I suspect, might be the case).

Is there a way to turn the slideshow off? Sorry if this has been asked elsewhere.
No, the slideshow is pretty much built-in in but I could provide an option I guess. Do a debug lof when you're having the sisue and I'll see if I can see anything else first.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry it's taken me a little while to get the log to you. I've sent you a pm with the link.

No problem if you can't see anything obvious as I can control xsqueeze with my phone. I had problems getting a log so I hope it has all the necessary info for you. Thank you for agreeing to take a look.
Sorry it's taken me a little while to get the log to you. I've sent you a pm with the link.

No problem if you can't see anything obvious as I can control xsqueeze with my phone. I had problems getting a log so I hope it has all the necessary info for you. Thank you for agreeing to take a look.
There's nothing particularly of note in that log unfortunately. I run xsqueeze on an atom machine without issues though (although I never use a mouse with it).

I am going to guess the issue is related to the pause I put to reduce the whole game input loop impact of the whole thing - this makes it usable on Pi, and isn't really an issue for keyboard/remote responsiveness in practise - but I would guess a mouse requires a fast continuous event response.

You could test this by changing one lone of code in script.xsqueeze\resources\lib\classes\NowPlayingWindow.py

line 267:
xbmc.sleep(500)
add a comment symbol:
#xbmc.sleep(500)

...to take this out (make sure you keep the indent identical!)

If that makes your mouse responsive again (and doesn't have other negative consequences on your platform - leave it running for a solid hour or so and try it then again), then I can add this as a configurable setting to solve both issues....

(one thing I do note is it'shaving toriuble retrieving your cover art -

18:14:36 T:2833238848 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://192.168.0.6:9000/music/6552/cover.jpg
18:14:36 T:2833238848 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://192.168.0.6:9000/music/6552/cover.jpg
18:14:36 T:2887650112 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://192.168.0.6:9000/music/6553/cover.jpg
18:14:36 T:2887650112 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://192.168.0.6:9000/music/6553/cover.jpg
18:14:36 T:2850024256 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://192.168.0.6:9000/music/6554/cover.jpg
18:14:36 T:2850024256 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://192.168.0.6:9000/music/6554/cover.jpg
18:14:36 T:2729429824 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: Timeout was reached(28) for http://192.168.0.6:9000/music/6555/cover.jpg
18:14:36 T:2729429824 DEBUG: GetImageHash - unable to stat url http://192.168.0.6:9000/music/6555/cover.jpg

....but this might be because the album doesn't have any or something?
Thanks for looking. I made the code change you suggested but unfortunately it didn't help with the mouse delay/unresponsiveness On the plus side, I didn't notice any negative consequences from the change either.

The slide show never starts up immediately. It can be halfway through a song before the images pop up - hence the issue you noticed in the code. I think my system simply can't cope with it. I can work around it though with controlling it with an app (rather than via touch screen as that doesn't seem to be too responsive either). Thanks for trying though!

EDIT: Scrap the above. The change hadn't saved so I'm re-testing and will report back. Thanks!

EDIT 2: Fully tested with the code change and original post stands. No change to unresponsiveness. No ill effects.

Have only just realised that my non responsive mouse is not the only symptom. The scrolling info and moving time bar both freeze for a few seconds at a time too. I don't have any of this happening when I play tracks that have no artist info.

I like the artist info and would be loath to turn it off but... Wink
ok well now try commetning out these lines:

log("Starting ArtistSlideshow thread")
self.thread2 = threading.Thread(target=self.runArtistSlideshow)
self.thread2.setDaemon(True)
self.thread2.start()

(around line 250, put hashes at front) - that will disable the thread that does the artist slideshow.

If that solves it I guess I will make it configurable

(although given a pi can handle it, seems odd!)
Should I also leave in the previous code change when I try these?
no, maybe restore that one as normally it would be there.
I restored the code from the first change then implemented the new changes. Mouse and screen responsiveness now work well. I ran a whole album and with a few pause, forwards, backwards and I didn't encounter any problems. Makes the addon visually less interesting, I know, but I can live with that on just this particular device! Thank you!

Edit: I am happy to apply the change this way so please don't update the addon on my account!
Are you sure? You'd have to do it each time I update...which isn't very often admittedly. Up to you - how abotu you let me know if it is becoming a hassle for you and I will do it then!
Yes I'm sure - it's an easy change for me to make and I'm the only person who needs it!

(2014-11-21, 02:25)bossanova808 Wrote: Up to you - how abotu you let me know if it is becoming a hassle for you and I will do it then!

Sounds like a plan. Thank you for your continued support and my favourite addon!
(2014-06-07, 13:52)Chluz Wrote: Hi, First off thanks very much for this plugin. I moved into a new flat and wanted to do multiroom audio. Sonos is ridiculously expensive and completely closed, now witha couple or RPis and an additional XBMC connected to my avr I get great sound everywhere Smile

The add on has been working flawlessly for me, and I got sync between a miniatx machine and the Rpis to works great (just by changing the start delay)

One issue I do have is that I have set my mediacenter to go to standby after 20 min. since you are using an external player with the addon, when your extension is launched xbmc thinks its idle, and goes to standby after 20 min. Some people have reported the same behavior with screensavers. in this thread but I wasn't able to find a solution for this.

I saw you asked a question relating to this here
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=98408

have you been able to find a solution for this ? I was trying to set screens that would be exceptions to the xbmc timer, but didn't find info on that.

(2014-06-07, 14:09)bossanova808 Wrote: I'm afraid not. You might want to ask @rob_webset who is working pretty actively on these sorts of things for his Sonos addon that is fairly similar to this (although I don't think it does playback). If he has a solution I can integrate it, but every time I messed with the screensaver it caused crashes/hangs.

Might also be worth asking team xbmc about this, in the feature requests section I guess.

If you get some ideas/traction somewhere I can have a look at it.

Other than that, glad you like it!

Hi bossanova808,

I just stumbled accross this one, in case it is of any interest, I sort of hack around it. As I know that the Sonos display screen does not have any controls that make use of the context menu, I just periodically open the context menu (So the user seens nothing, and XBMC sees it as "User Actions"), so just something like this:

Code:
# A bit of a hack, but we need XBMC to think a user is "doing things" so
# that it does not start the screensaver, so we just send the message
# to open the Context menu - which in our case will do nothing
# but it does make XBMC think the user has done something
json_query = xbmc.executeJSONRPC('{"jsonrpc": "2.0", "method": "Input.ContextMenu", "id": 1}')

I already have a loop that checks for changes so that the screen can be updated, so it is just a step in there (About every 40 seconds)

Hope this helps

Rob
  • 90(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3