• 1(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
NOTE THIS ADDON IS NOW ARCHIVED - I will not be updating it for Python3/Kodi Matrix.  If someone else wants to take over, let me know on github!

------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------------
XSqueeze is a Squeezebox player, visualiser, and music chooser for XBMC.

For full details please see the addon's page on the XBMC Wiki.

It looks like this in Confluence:

and choosing from the new music list:

Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Cool! Waiting for this for a very long time. I will surely give it a try in the next days.
Groovy, groovy hack! I've been watching the squeeze integration threads closely and am still hoping for a full slimproto implementation but this is now, unexpected and very appreciated Smile

I've installed and so far, no issues with the PoC (or it's installation which went smoothly) so nothing very useful to report.

'Zero

-----
XBMC Eden-pre (Beta 2) | Windows Vista | Aeon Nox Git | Maraschino Git | AWXi stable.
-----
On a long enough timeline. The survival rate for everyone drops to zero.
Thanks for this. I will see if I can give this a run tonight on my XBMC (Linux Mint 12), and Openelec systems. I will post if anything interesting happens.
With OE you'll need to use the actual machine MAC not the default squeezeslave mac (in the add on settings)
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Yep, just got OE working...using that .zip on MediaFire, install it, reboot, and check in LMS what the mac address in use is - should be the address of eth0. Put this into XSqueeze settings (and obviously also point xsqueeze at your LMS) - and it works!

Woot!

(Openelec-PVR-R9725 64 bit)
bossanova808 Wrote:Yep, just got OE working...using that .zip on MediaFire, install it, reboot, and check in LMS what the mac address in use is - should be the address of eth0. Put this into XSqueeze settings (and obviously also point xsqueeze at your LMS) - and it works!

Woot!

(Openelec-PVR-R9725 64 bit)

Keep a copy of that file.... you never know when MediaFire may be shut down! Smile

This is great news... any issue with the audio being tied up by squeezeslave, or are squeezeslave and XBMC playing nice together?

Can't wait to try this tonight.
Well, I have now got OE to share the mixer ok, using this info:
http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?p=8...post825708 (post 7)

(changed to 1,7 for my Shuttle XS35 GT) - and setting the xbmc audio/passthrough outputs to dmix0.

This works for almost everything, although it does seems to break the TrueHD->DTS Core mappings... all normal 5.1 tv stuff plays fine, live tv fine, and 95% of mymovies, and XSqueeze(squeezeplay). So that's a good start, just need to work out how to fix that truehd thing and do some more testing but so far so good...

BTW I am in Aus. hence the slow replies at times Smile
(..although it can be a bit crashy exiting XSqueeze on openelec it seems, only now and then though - I don't do much cleanup on exiting yet, might be it)
Have not tried the Openelec build yet, but this works fantastic on my regular PC (Linux Mint 12). The sync between my squeezebox Boom and squeezeslave is a lot better than the sync between squeezeplay and the Boom is (That's what I am running now on a netbook).

Do we really need to have squeezeslave running the whole time? You have the IP address in the XSqueeze settings, so couldn't you call squeezeslave to run upon opening XSqueeze, and close upon exit? Theoretically, this would clear the issue you have with the TrueHD->DTS Core mappings, as you may not need to alter the asound.conf since your not sharing the audio.
hmmm - I guess it depends on whether you want to be able to exit the add on and leave the audio going?

I might make it an option to run it that way at least.

I want to look at if I can tie into the xbmc now playing interface etc, so I don't have to write my own, and then the addon woudl work with all skins and integrate better. But I doubt it's really possible without getting into the C++ XBMC core which is too scary so far.
OK I have just pushed a new version - v0.0.2 - which adds a Now Playing display with cover art and the next three upcoming tracks.

It looks like not much extra, but I have moved it all over to a proper object oriented structured - I've done a lot of Java but Python is noticeably different in this area (more like Smalltalk IIRC) - so it took me a bit to get my head around it. The groundwork is there to now more quickly and easily flesh things out in such a way as to write a really nice controller, and maybe eventually bolt on a SlimProto handler instead of SqueezeSlave without breaking the controller side of things. That is, the squeeze bit is all an object on it's own that could be re-implemented. (In Java terms, you'd re-implement the interface).

My plan from here is to investigate several paths:

1. See if I can integrate into XBMC's existing Now Playing/Playlist management stuff. XBMC Now Playing is pretty good and that would work nicely with other skins etc, keep the UI consistent. The XBMC playlist management is crap, though, so there'd have to be some sort of custom UI to play with the SB playlists more directly.

2. Write a custom Now Playing/controller pager, and a Playlist manager (as two windows) - and then maybe run the add on into a service that hooks into LMS so these windows can be called directly at all times like other skin pages.

3. Just leave as is, but make the Now Playing way prettier. I might start here while I investigate 1 and 2.

With options 1 and 2, I will need some advice/help from XBMC devs to see what's possible - the documentation isn't awfully great and I would like to get an idea of wat is in theory possible before I spend too much time working on something that might never work. All of this is a hack, really - kind of like using an external video player I guess.
oops v0.0.3 just pushed, stupid windows / unix \ path issues!!
Sorry!

Stuck at step 2.

Server address? Is that the LMS server address?
v0.0.4 is out, with cover art for upcoming tracks (see screenshot in post 1)

@castalla - seriously?? What other server address could it be? I thinks it's pretty clear Smile :

2. Run Squeezeslave

e.g. squeezelave.exe 192.168.1.1

....the IP address is your server address

Squeezeslave mimics a player so needs to be pointed at a server....
  • 1(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3