• 2(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Seriously? Yes .... thanks!

Doh.
Double doh ......

What's the Player MAC - is it the MAC for the machine that xbmc is running on?
castalla Wrote:Double doh ......

What's the Player MAC - is it the MAC for the machine that xbmc is running on?

Got it! It works with the default of 1

1. Got it to play an album - but trying Internet Radio - BBC iPlayer - Radio Five Live - reports Stopped

2. Trying on a different LMS server got this:

C:\TEMP>squeezeslave.exe 192.168.1.10
Error connecting to 192.168.1.10:3483
Connection to Squeezebox Server 192.168.1.10 failed.
Yes the MAC is the MAC of your local squeezeslave, or any SB you want to control. If you are running squeezeslave locally, it defaults to a MAC of 00:00:00:00:00:01 - hence the default setting.

But if you want to control another squeezebox, squeezeslave running elsewhere, have manually set squeezeslave to use another MAC, or are using the openelec squeezeslave service, then you need to use the actual MAC of the player:

You can get this info from LMS->Settings->Information

I have not yet tried radio - this works on your actual squeezeboxes though, I presume?

Re: other server error - that's a squeezeslave error, nothing to do with this addon, so you'll need to figure that out (using correct ip? port? firewall issue??)
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Just tried some local radio stations here - seems to work fine for me?
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
I'm getting the following error when trying to control a local squeezeslave. Audio is playing just fine and I can control squeezeslave from the Android app.

Code:
17:31:34 T:2518231920 M:1131077632 WARNING: CreateLoader - Unsupported protocol(addons) in addons://more/executable.tbn
17:31:52 T:2603416432 M:1132077056 WARNING: Previous line repeats 1 times.
17:31:52 T:2603416432 M:1132077056  NOTICE: -->Python Interpreter Initialized<--
17:31:52 T:2603416432 M:1132077056   ERROR: Error Type: exceptions.SyntaxError
17:31:52 T:2603416432 M:1132077056   ERROR: Error Contents: ('invalid syntax', ('/home/baird/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/default.py', 46, 23, '    except Exception as inst:\n'))
17:31:52 T:2603416432 M:1132077056   ERROR:   File "/home/baird/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/default.py", line 46
                                                except Exception as inst:
                                                                  ^
                                            SyntaxError: invalid syntax
Need a bit more than that. Can you force-refresh my repo do you have the latest (0.0.5) - then enable debug logging and pastebin your log?
I'm afraid the debug logging doesn't look a lot more helpful and I'm on version 0.05 already.

http://pastebin.com/Rh3mANTW

Is there any more debug code I could add to default.py? I'm not a python programmer but that try seems like an odd place to error out - I'm assuming the syntax is right?
Ta - that said, a proper debug log for xbmc means the whole file - there's a lot of useful stuff up the top you've clipped off (see http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=HOW...#Debug_Log). Not to worry, I'll work with what I've got...

Yes, the syntax is correct so 'syntax error' is a weird one. I am guessing it's because you're on Python 2.4 - I can' see what version of XBMC you're running, but I'd say an old one based on that. I have only tested this with the latest Eden betas, and the add on is really 'Eden +' - I should put in a version check really, come to think of it. Current XBMC is Python 2.6 I think.

Thus that' my best guess right now -

I am actually re-writing the whole thing so that it's all skinnable etc. And form there I expect a lot more progress quickly, I have spent most of this early stage mucking about with trying to grok the GUI add on structure for a skinnable window that updates, and that has slowed me down. But I have it basically working I think, so onwards and upwards from here. So you could just wait for the next version and try again as if it's some sort of python version weirdness, it might simply go away given the entire plug-in is being changed! Might not, though Wink

[CODE}
#make our storage paths
try:
if not xbmcvfs.exists( constants.CHANGING_IMAGES_PATH ):
Logger.log ( "Making output directory for cover art etc. in addon_data")
os.makedirs( constants.CHANGING_IMAGES_PATH )
except Exception as inst:
Logger.log( "ERROR: Couldn't make folders in addon_data - bailing out!" , inst)
sys.exit()
[/CODE]

...the code in question is really simple, so I can't really see what the issue would be, although it might be something to do with changes to the xbmc special protocol for file paths, so again I suspect it's the older xbmc/python being the problem here...
0.0.7 released, much cleaner code, now skinnable. Long way to go yet.

Is anyone using this though??
bossanova808 Wrote:0.0.7 released, much cleaner code, now skinnable. Long way to go yet.

Is anyone using this though??

Yes, I am using it. I will test 0.0.7 tonight when I get home.

If I may request again, please add the ability to start squeezeslave on add-on start-up, and terminate squeezeslave on close. My logic behind this is:

- I do not need to play with any alsa configuration files.
- I do not need to worry about the TrueHD issues you were having.
- In the past, I had issues with squeezeslave responding properly from suspend->resume, and I would have to kill the process and restart it. Not sure if this issue still exists, but I would prefer to not have to fight it.
- You said "hmmm - I guess it depends on whether you want to be able to exit the add on and leave the audio going?" when I asked this last week..... for me, if I am using the squeezebox it is usually to sync the players, which means I am roaming around the house. If I am sitting in front of XBMC and want to use other features while having music in the background, I could always use XBMC's Music and pull UPnP from the LMS. This is my experience, and of course does not reflect the actions of others. If you could make this an option, it would be greatly appreciated.

One final note.... This add-on is in the "Program Add-on" section.... wouldn't it be better represented in the "Music Add-on" section?

Thanks for your hard work and time.
OK, so I could not wait. I loaded LMS, XBMC and squeezeslave on my laptop to take a look at the updated plugin... and it looks great!

Is there anything you can do with the actual navigation of music? If you load squeezeplay, you can see they have a gui that emulates that squeezebox touch software, which allows you to view your artists/albums with coverart. With this plugin, would you be able to do something similar, or would that require a complete rewrite using the slimProto and doing away with squeezeslave?

Again, for a hacked up add-on that is less than 2 weeks old this is great work!
SqueezePlay works completely differently to SqueezeSlave - it's based on Lua and would be a wholly different thing to what I have done now as far as I can tell (the wiki page for Lua developers is not public that I can find??). So there's not much I can do with that. My impression is also that slave > play when it comes to synchronisation just from reading threads.

I do plan to eventually add a second window to the add on for browsing/choosing and playlist management etc., probably initially an xbmc list type structure thing, but this is a lot of work and I wanted quick results. It all depends on my motivation levels for it, and time (I have young kids) - so no promises but easy and fast music selection would be an obvious thing to implement if possible.

Re: starting/stopping squeezeslave, yes I plan to do this too - I will probably work on that next. It involves a fair bit of system specific stuff though, for finding/running the executable, and the killing the process cleanly on exit. So while it's coming, it won't be overnight...

I agree it's all about syncing though, really - otherwise of course you would just use XBMC's music player as you say. For me it's about having a track playing through the whole house, but getting some good eye candy going in the main room for what's playing - I am after obviously cover art, progress etc, but also I want extra info like basically the script.artistslideshow from Ronie (or similar) - and artist bio/album info from somewhere too would be nice.

ah dreams....anyway, no promises but I those things are all on the cards...
Oh, I forgot to say - this can't be a music plugin as it doesn't deliver music to XBMC...it has to extend the script thing (that is, technically it is a script, not a plugin).

You could easily hack your skin files to show it under music though.....
I'm still getting the same crash on 0.07 (http://pastebin.com/qwE8cprg full file this time Smile).

Python version is 2.6.5 and the install was XBMC Live Dharma. I'm not sure is dharma had different releases but the build date is at the top of the log.

I agree that this is mainly for sync so I'd be more than happy with just a display - if you could add tracks to the playlist or chose new songs that would just be a bonus. Starting and stoping squeezeslave though is a bit of a must - I always suspend my HTPC and squeezeslave terminates in this case - there's not a great WAF if I have to ssh in to restart it to sync music (and this is ignoring the fact that on dharma at least squeezeslave grabs control of the audio but presumably I could fix this with something like alsa mixer).

I was going to wait until the final Eden release but I'll stick a live version of beta 3 on a USB stick and give it a whirl to see if that works.
  • 2(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3