• 80(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Bossanova,
Is there an easy way to force the script to use set details than variables from the settings xml?

Thanks
N
Just edit the script.
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
I can't really follow all those audio settings like that to be honest.

E.g. is passthrough on or off?

<passthrough default="true">false</passthrough>
<passthroughdevice default="true">ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0</passthroughdevice>

And yeah, as nickr said - in default.py it's easy to find the bit where it calls the subprocess to start the external player. Just hack a line in there with whatever string you want.

But it's not that, there's plenty of people using that mechanism fine. You still haven't mentioned what delays you are using etc. If you can get xbmc to release the device, then (assuming you transposed the command line arguments correctly) - the player will start.

But might as well yes do a full debug log again too
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Bossanova and NickR.

I think i owe you both a beer.

I saw your post about passthrough and realised i hadnt changed it to true...
Tried that and it didnt work.

So i copied Bossanovas audio out details...
Changed to my card details and it worked... But i had odd noises when navigating the menu so i changed:
<streamsilence default="true">0</streamsilence>
TO
<streamsilence default="true">1</streamsilence>

And now i am up and running. Looking at now rolling out to the 5 xbmc installs in the house!

Thanks chaps, thanks so much! brill plugin Bossanova!

<audiooutput>
<ac3passthrough default="true">true</ac3passthrough>
<ac3transcode default="true">false</ac3transcode>
<audiodevice default="true">ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0</audiodevice>
<channels default="true">1</channels>
<config default="true">2</config>
<dtshdpassthrough default="true">false</dtshdpassthrough>
<dtspassthrough default="true">false</dtspassthrough>
<eac3passthrough default="true">false</eac3passthrough>
<guisoundmode default="true">1</guisoundmode>
<normalizelevels>false</normalizelevels>
<passthrough default="true">false</passthrough>
<passthroughdevice default="true">ALSA:hdmi:CARD=HDMI,DEV=0</passthroughdevice>
<processquality default="true">30</processquality>
<samplerate default="true">48000</samplerate>
<stereoupmix default="true">false</stereoupmix>
<truehdpassthrough default="true">false</truehdpassthrough>
</audiooutput>
RIGHT

I have it now working.
But the sacrifice is gui sounds...
StreamSilence needs to be 0 otherwise the app doesnt work
<streamsilence default="true">0</streamsilence>

Changing it to

Gives me GUI navigational sounds but the plugin fails to connect to a player....

Is there a way to get GUI sounds to work with the plugin?
Wouldn't have a clue. I hate GUI sounds and the first thing I ever do on an xbmc install is switch it off!
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
(2014-04-14, 21:54)nickr Wrote: Wouldn't have a clue. I hate GUI sounds and the first thing I ever do on an xbmc install is switch it off!

Haha

I am now heading that way. Using Yatse it has a small noise when navigating.

Thanks for your help Nick...
Well, that was epic. Glad you got there.

Gui sounds are always a bugger, as is stream silence - and they're really not necessary for most. That's why it's in the wiki to turn all that sh*t off.

Anyway, happy squeezing...
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Hi guys, i have read all of yours posts, i tried everything you tried and i have always the same problem on my pi, both on raspbmc and openelec: "couldn't connect to player". I don't understand. On my pc with openelec gotham nightly build it works but not on my pi. I precise i don't use the two xbmcs at the same time.
Here is my config:

pi with raspbmc gotham release
philips tv
onkyo hdmi receiver.

My LMS is on a PC on my local network, and i use Ipeng on Ipad in my kitchen

Here is my log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=174953

Thanks for your help.
(2014-04-16, 10:41)xpress92 Wrote: Hi guys, i have read all of yours posts, i tried everything you tried and i have always the same problem on my pi, both on raspbmc and openelec: "couldn't connect to player". I don't understand. On my pc with openelec gotham nightly build it works but not on my pi. I precise i don't use the two xbmcs at the same time.
Here is my config:

pi with raspbmc gotham release
philips tv
onkyo hdmi receiver.

My LMS is on a PC on my local network, and i use Ipeng on Ipad in my kitchen

Here is my log
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=174953

Thanks for your help.

Have you checked your guisettings.XML.. Look at my settings above. GUI sounds much be turned off. It sounds like the same issue as I had.
The problem on the Pi is usually the lack of also and/or the sound driver thingies (see wiki) - I retired my Pi a while ago, just too wimpy, so I am not that up on the current state of things.

Your log is not a debug log, as well.

Have you tried running squeezelite from the command line to see what you get? Should be your first port of call really.
I use the plug XBMC log uploader. Where can i find it the full debug log?
And no I don't test the command line. I'm going to do that immediatly... After finding the command line into the post.:-)
See the xbmc wiki about debug logs, and for squeezelite command line: http://code.google.com/p/squeezelite/
Ok. Sorry for the log, i don't read the wiki in integrality, but now, i know How to find the full log. For the command line, I've used this one "./squeezelite-l" for listing output device, but I have "no such file or directory" in return. I'm sorry, I'm a newby in Linux. Do I switch between directories before typing the command line?
Honestly, if you're not sure how to 'cd' etc, you're going to want to master the very basics first:
http://linuxcommand.org/learning_the_shell.php

Once you can run squeezelite -l we can get this going...
  • 80(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3