• 81(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Ok.. I have followed your instruction. I can demonize squeezelite, but with the -s, I have this return:

pi@raspbmc:~/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm$ ./squeezelite -s 192.168.0.15
[10:19:49.498720] test_open:124 playback open error: No such file or directory
[10:19:49.500668] output_init_common:372 unable to open output device

And here is my debug
http://xbmclogs.com/show.php?id=176530
Ok, you're on the right track.

You don't need to daemonize, just:

./squeezelite -l to list the outputs

the ./squeezelite -o DEVICE -m MACID -s SERVER

where DEVICE is the device string given from the -l (see examples above!) - mac ID is something like 11:22:33:44:55:66 (just make this up) and -s 192.168.0.15 assuming that is where LMS is running.

and then post here exactly what it says

In your log I see you have sort of done this?

Attempting to start player: ['/home/pi/.xbmc/addons/script.xsqueeze/resources/bin/arm/squeezelite', '-m', '00:00:00:32:ae:45', '-o', 'hdmi:CARD=PCH,DEV=0', '-s', '192.168.0.15']

...what output does the equivalent give from the command line?

Have you looked at the wiki re: (section 3,2)

3.2 If you are using Raspberry Pi (tried with Raspbmc):

You may need to add the alsa module manually via an ssh connection:

sudo modprobe snd-bcm2835

(and use:

echo "snd-bcm2835" | sudo tee -a /etc/modules
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Ok... All is good right now.
I have retried the bcm2835 command line, I have reseted the xsqueeze settings, type my Lms IP address. Xsqueeze has started correctly but with lag in audio. So I tried some delay and the -a:500:10:24:0 works perfectly for me, with no delay between my ipeng player on iPad and xsqueeze.
Thanks for your help, and thanks for your great plug!!
Yay! Glad you are going.
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Just rebuilt a new machine and the Squeeze addon you made Bossanova is now incompatible

Any ideas?

Thanks
N
Incompatible with what? What do you mean?
The latest build of openelec

OpenELEC Beta - Generic x86_64 Version:3.95.6

I have 3.95.5
Addon says incompatible
Probably just need to force refresh your repos.
I noted this in the latest OE release notes

** added experimental ALSA support for RaspberryPi **

...this should mean OE/Pi becomes a viable option for XSqueeze. It will still be a slow, crappy platform, but OE/Pi is about as nippy as a Pi install can be so if I had a Pi, that's that I would be trying out...

@Nick w - most likely your issue was, with a fresh install, your addons hadn't finished updating. If you force refresh your repos, this should pull the latest versions of everything with any luck and then XSqueeze should be 'compatible' again, I think.
(2014-04-22, 02:40)bossanova808 Wrote: I noted this in the latest OE release notes

** added experimental ALSA support for RaspberryPi **

...this should mean OE/Pi becomes a viable option for XSqueeze. It will still be a slow, crappy platform, but OE/Pi is about as nippy as a Pi install can be so if I had a Pi, that's that I would be trying out...

@Nick w - most likely your issue was, with a fresh install, your addons hadn't finished updating. If you force refresh your repos, this should pull the latest versions of everything with any luck and then XSqueeze should be 'compatible' again, I think.

That was it. Forced a refresh and boom. I'm happy again

Thanks again!!!
Hello there.

Run into a few problems.

I now got my LMS server running on my UnRaid NAS via a plugin. Works pretty fine Wink

After that, I want to install the bossanova-repo on my windows xbmc machine (XBMC 13 Beta 3). I use always a windows machine for testing things. My real HTPC works with OE. The installation of the repo wasn´t a problem. But I can´t start XSqueeze. If I want to start it, it stops with "Script failure".

What do you need from me? Which logs should I provide? Or do you have any other idea, what I might do?

I know, that saying "stops with script failure" isn´t much info, but atm I can´t tell you more, because I don´t have any more infos to tell Wink

So I´m thankfull for any help

Cheers
David
Full xbmc debug log please (see xbmc wiki if you don't know how)

Windows works very fine with this in general so no idea off the top of my head
Hi....

Here´s the full log file, with debug logging enabled:

http://pastebin.com/HUbqqyDW

Thanks for your time
Hmm strange one.

I am guessing a permissions error maybe - it's trying to create a directory as it normally would, and failing:

11:09:47 T:6436 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.xsqueeze\runtokens\

Can you create that manually? Is xbmc running as the same user you installed it with, with admin privileges?
(2014-04-24, 12:48)bossanova808 Wrote: Hmm strange one.

I am guessing a permissions error maybe - it's trying to create a directory as it normally would, and failing:

11:09:47 T:6436 ERROR: XFILE::CDirectory::Create - Error creating C:\Users\David\AppData\Roaming\XBMC\userdata\addon_data\script.xsqueeze\runtokens\

Can you create that manually? Is xbmc running as the same user you installed it with, with admin privileges?

This directory was created on my openelec build and saves a token when you run LMS. Maybe an authentication thing

Grant full access to the xbmc directory
  • 81(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3