• 82(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Yeah it generally works fine on every platform, certainly including ubuntu, OE, windows and OSX.

@David1977 - no 'funny' characters going in your user dir (I can't see any in that path) - but xbmc has issues with things like umlauts in paths traditionally so it's always better to use just traditional ascii chars in usernames etc.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
Creating the directory manually did the trick Wink

Thanks for this. *thumbs up*

I installed the XSqueeze plugin on my OE HTPC too (Beta 3.95.6). Works fine..synchronize perfect with my windows machine...but there isn´t any sound out of OE connected via HDMI to my PreAmp. I can see it is synchronized, because they playback the same track within the same progress in seconds.

I followed the wiki and turn off GUI sounds and the "keep audio device alive" function. But still no luck.

I use "squeezeslave" on both machines with no extra arguments. I can´t see, that my amp reacts in any way. So maybe the hdmi is the wrong output? Do I have to select an analog out for this...maybe connect an analog cable like this:

http://www.kabelshop.net/kabelshopneu/co...89939s.jpg

Or is it possible to take the hdmi out?

Here is the logfile from my OE machine with debug log enabled:

http://sprunge.us/bDZH

Thanks in advance
David
Tried it with the analog out from my htpc and it didn´t work....fyi
You will need to specify the output in xsqueeze settings ... See last few pages of this thread for tips (and xsqueeze wiki).
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
ok....I tried that

This is my aplay -l:
http://sprunge.us/VJSb

This is my aplay -L:
http://sprunge.us/Rifh

In the audio settings from XBMC, the audio is set to "RTL ROTEL AVR on HDMI #2". If I take a look at the aplays, then it should be card=0 device=8. So the command from the wiki should be:

squeezeslave-i64 -o08 -D "serverIP"

Player starts, but with no sound.

Is the command correct?
(2014-04-24, 15:48)David1977 Wrote: ok....I tried that

This is my aplay -l:
http://sprunge.us/VJSb

This is my aplay -L:
http://sprunge.us/Rifh

In the audio settings from XBMC, the audio is set to "RTL ROTEL AVR on HDMI #2". If I take a look at the aplays, then it should be card=0 device=8. So the command from the wiki should be:

squeezeslave-i64 -o08 -D "serverIP"

Player starts, but with no sound.

Is the command correct?

Disable navigation sounds.
@nickw:

Thanks but....

(2014-04-24, 14:23)David1977 Wrote: I followed the wiki and turn off GUI sounds and the "keep audio device alive" function. But still no luck.

already done

I looked at the arguments and found, that I can show up a list with available sound devices...

squeezeslave -L:
http://sprunge.us/dOic

So I´m right with the 0,8. Also tried with a "," between the numbers:

squeezeslace -o0,8 -D "serverIP"

still doesn´t work
-o 2
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Hey....perfect!!!

That works

Thank you very much. Maybe...and please don't get me wrong, maybe I misunderstood something...but the wiki should be updated if bossanova will find the time

I'm not mocking...so please I apollogize if it sounds like it Wink

Nick...got a +1 for it Wink
Its a wiki. If it needs improving.... Improve it. Kinda the point.

I write a massive add on, spend 75 pages supporting it and nick gets a +1 for three characters!!! That's the indisputable power of brevity I guess!!! Wink
you got a +1 for another point you bring me to...creating the directory manually. Therefore I gave you a + rating and thanked for it!

As I said...I´m not mocking or anything and I appreciate your absolutely hard work on this. So please apologize...I don´t want to offer a negative criticism on you.

I got this complete running and also the hint in the wiki for setting up the synchronization at the LMS server was absolutely perfekt! It works pretty fine here and I can´t heare any delay at this time between the players!

So what can I do, that you don´t get my wrong anymore. Wink
And I caused 74 pages questions and issues, and a headache for Bassanova and nick and I don't get anything... Charming
I was just kidding around

(But not about the wiki - wiki = community knowledge - if you think you can improve the instructions, please do!)

I am planning on restoring some long lost functionality actually - basically, auto discovering of your LMS server, and also a dialogue to choose audio outputs rather than having to work them out manually. I had this before, but only for squeezeslave and when I added squeezelite it was a little complicated so I took it out. But I should really put it back in, it made for much easier configuration.

Sometime soon I will do that - I still have the code for the server IP and slave audio outputs, so that will be easy, just have to re-integrate and write the lite version of the audio outputs code....
Ok folks here is a version I'd like to get a few people to test before I push it out:

https://dl.dropboxusercontent.com/u/1088...queeze.zip

....copy it over your current xsqueeze install in your addons folder. If anything goes wrong, just delete this whole script dir and you can re-install from my repo as per normal.

This is a bigger update - it features two new things as mentioned above:
1. Auto discover your LMS server on your network and grab its IP - hey, it's easier than typing!!
and
2. A chooser in settings listing audio outputs (separate for squeezeslave and squeezelite - just use whichever you need!). This should make the audio output bit a LOT easier.

Basically, install this, then go into settings and re-configure things, using these auto discovers, and let me know if they work or not.

YOU will need to remove your audio output string

Note - I think these should new auto discovery things work ok on Windows, Linux, Pi etc, but probably NOT Mac OSX (becaus xbmc/python/mac osx is a bit sh*t in my experience).

If they *don't* work - FULL DEBUG LOG please!! There's a good chance the audio output discovery stuff may not work on unix the same way as windows (squeezeslave will be ok, lite I am not so sure?)

Even with these new discoverers, you CAN still specify your outputs manually as you were...but don't specify them in both spots of course!!
(Note I have tried it out on Openelec (not Pi, just normal) and Windows and it's working well.
  • 82(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3