[RELEASE]XSqueeze - Squeezebox player, music chooser and visualiser for XBMC

Thread Rating:
  • 3 Votes - 4.67 Average
bossanova808 Offline
Donor
If it's a script, the options will come come in as $1, $2 etc - so just don't pass them through when you call squeezelite - or as nickr said, pass them through rather than use the defaults file - either way it shouldn't prevent the script from being run. I just don't know if it's ok to swap in a script though - as we're using Python's subprocess to start the process and I have no idea if that works with scripts.

If you can munge together some python that makes it work, I can look at integrating it (or you can via pull request) - but honestly I wouldn't even really know where to start with testing it as I don't have a similar set up.

My XBMC stuff:
find quote
Saran Offline
Hi,

I'm running Gotham on Raspbmc and can't install XSqueeze.

I've installed bossanova808 repo and through it I've been able only to install XSqueezeChooser. The XSqueeze says Incompatible.

Same thing when I try installing XSqueeze via zip --> fails with missing dependencies.

This is what I found from log:

Code:
17:23:19 T:3036745728   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: select repo.addonID from repo join addonlinkrepo on repo.id=addonlinkrepo.idRepo join addon on addonlinkrepo.idAddon=addon.id where addon.addonID like 'plugin.program.xsqueezechooser'
17:23:19 T:3036745728   ERROR: GetRepoForAddon failed for addon plugin.program.xsqueezechooser
17:23:19 T:2808083520   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: select repo.addonID from repo join addonlinkrepo on repo.id=addonlinkrepo.idRepo join addon on addonlinkrepo.idAddon=addon.id where addon.addonID like 'plugin.program.xsqueezechooser'
17:23:19 T:2808083520   ERROR: GetRepoForAddon failed for addon plugin.program.xsqueezechooser
17:23:21 T:2808083520   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: select repo.addonID from repo join addonlinkrepo on repo.id=addonlinkrepo.idRepo join addon on addonlinkrepo.idAddon=addon.id where addon.addonID like 'script.module.xsqueezecommon'
17:23:21 T:2808083520   ERROR: GetRepoForAddon failed for addon script.module.xsqueezecommon
17:23:22 T:2808083520   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: select repo.addonID from repo join addonlinkrepo on repo.id=addonlinkrepo.idRepo join addon on addonlinkrepo.idAddon=addon.id where addon.addonID like 'script.module.xsqueezecommon'
17:23:22 T:2808083520   ERROR: GetRepoForAddon failed for addon script.module.xsqueezecommon
17:23:24 T:2808083520   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: select repo.addonID from repo join addonlinkrepo on repo.id=addonlinkrepo.idRepo join addon on addonlinkrepo.idAddon=addon.id where addon.addonID like 'script.module.b808common'
17:23:24 T:2808083520   ERROR: GetRepoForAddon failed for addon script.module.b808common
17:23:24 T:2808083520   ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed
                                            Query: select repo.addonID from repo join addonlinkrepo on repo.id=addonlinkrepo.idRepo join addon on addonlinkrepo.idAddon=addon.id where addon.addonID like 'script.module.b808common'
17:23:24 T:2808083520   ERROR: GetRepoForAddon failed for addon script.module.b808common
find quote
bossanova808 Offline
Donor
Looks like your Addons.db is broken

7:23:22 T:2808083520 ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed

...you should just be able to delete, wait a bit, it will be re-made.

\userdata\Database\Addons16.db is the file I mean. Quit xbmc, delete it, re-start it, wait a bit (or force refresh my repo) - and it should be ok with any luck. It's not an xsqueeze issue, anyway.

Though I am still not 100% on raspbmc indlucing alsa - I am pretty sure OE now does and most reports are that OR on Rasp Pi is the way to go in general

My XBMC stuff:
find quote
Saran Offline
Thanks bossanova808. That fixed it Smile

As for the OpenElec, I used it, but it was too cut-down for my appetite (i.e. for easily using Raspi GPIO)
(This post was last modified: 2014-06-15 13:40 by Saran.)
find quote
bossanova808 Offline
Donor
no probs, glad you're going!

My XBMC stuff:
find quote
nevillebartos Offline
Hey guys I've got an odd issue here since upgrading to gotham.. I'm now unable to get sound out over HDMI through either client, I have tried forcing sound device and tested all possible HDMI outputs but nothing. It comes over optical no problem which leaves me baffled.
find quote
bossanova808 Offline
Donor
You'll want to use the new output chooser in settings if you haven't.

But I asm guessing you have. Best thing to do then is to drop back to the command line and work it out there - once you have it there it should be easy to copy the settings back in to xsqueeze...

Also, make sure all gui sounds/keep alive settings are OFF so xbmc releases the audio device...

My XBMC stuff:
find quote
nevillebartos Offline
(2014-07-03 05:29)bossanova808 Wrote:  You'll want to use the new output chooser in settings if you haven't.

But I asm guessing you have. Best thing to do then is to drop back to the command line and work it out there - once you have it there it should be easy to copy the settings back in to xsqueeze...

Also, make sure all gui sounds/keep alive settings are OFF so xbmc releases the audio device...

It was switching GUI sounds to 'never' that fixed it.. kinda like the GUI sounds though, any workarounds for this?
find quote
bossanova808 Offline
Donor
I think for GUI sounds they feel they have to hang on to the device...maybe ask the audioengine folks (fernetmenta/fritsch)

My XBMC stuff:
find quote