• 88(current)
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC
Ok pushed out a new version again with the 'Pi' fix.
Addons I wrote &/or maintain:
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
Sorry, no help w/out a *full debug log*.
It's not real problem
I think on the wiki http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=Add...i_build.29 is a small mistake.
echo snd_bcm2835 >> /storage/.config/modules-load.d/modules.conf isn't working.
echo snd_bcm2835 >> /storage/.config/modules-load.d/audio.conf did the right job for me

I tried it on my and on a friends PI with the latest openelec version.

I'm not sure if it's the right place to report it, my someone knows.

greetings DaLonge
Thanks for that, I've updated the wiki.

Also - there's a user called 'Jonathan' who has been tidying up the XSqueeze wiki and making it much better - thankyou very much kind sir, whoever and wherever you are!
OzWeather (Australian BOM weather) | Check Previous Episode | Playback Resumer | Unpause Jumpback | XSqueezeDisplay | (Legacy - XSqueeze & XZen)
First off, let me just say I'm new to XBMC (just started playing with it on a Raspberry Pi yesterday). I'm so looking forward to replacing my power hog HTPC with this little guy. And with everything else it can do, I was delighted when I saw the xSqueeze add-on! I installed it and I love it. It works awesome! Thank you so much for sharing this! That said, I do have one question. Big Grin

I'm probably overlooking the obvious but I cannot seem to get the album artwork to show up. The Artist Slideshow and Bio shows just fine but album artwork is a no-go. This is not a deal-breaker and I still love this but it would be great to get this working! Now here's the thing...and I'm guessing this might be the problem. I have a username and password set up on my LMS so that I can access it outside of my network. I only suspect this is the issue because based off the debug log I see all sorts of errors like this:

18:28:39 T:2807030848 ERROR: CCurlFile::Stat - Failed: HTTP response code said error(22) for http://192.168.1.5:9000/music/6dee1e74/cover.jpg

Now, if I copy that URL and slap it into my browser, I get a prompt to enter my username and password. But if I do "http://<userid>:<pass>@192.168.1.5:9000/music/6dee1e74/cover.jpg" then it works fine.

Again, I'm a complete newbie to all of this and this is just my WAG. Do you think that is the issue and, if not, do you have any idea of what I'm doing wrong?

And again, thanks so much for this!
Yeah that could be it - let me look at it. I figured once it logged in it would all be good but maybe grabbing cover urls needs specific attention (never really use it with user/pw)

Should be an easy fix
Ok I found a path bug when testing with a kodi nightly, so I have pushed a version that solves this, and also should in theory (untested!) support username/password when getting cover art from protected servers

@CallClear Please test and let me know how you go...

(force refresh my repo to get it to pul the changes)
Brilliant. It works like a charm!

Thank you so much for looking into this Bossanova...and for turning it around in crazy-fast record time!

Cheers!!
No probs, hope you find it useful.
(2014-08-13, 10:57)sea3pea0 Wrote:
(2014-05-15, 17:36)cw-kid Wrote: Hello

Are there any limitations or stuff that won't work when using an "external" SqueezeLite player?

I installed SqueezeLite to run as a service on my OpenElec Frodo PC. I have configured XSqueeze to use this player and I am able to see the now playing screen and access the list of Albums / Artists / Genres etc.

However I have just noticed I cannot see the transport controls at the bottom as shown in this screen shot from the wiki

Thanks

EDIT: Should probably say I have no keyboard or mouse attached to my PC, using a remote control only.

This is how the screen looks on my PC

So not sure if I have any playback control over what is playing ?

EDIT 2:

On my remote control handset the play / pause buttons work OK. If I press the skip next track button it does skip to the next track but XBMC popup says "Playlist - Can't find next item to play"

So seems I have some basic playback controls when using the remote control handset. Just not seeing any transport controls on the screen like in the wiki screen shot.

I have the same problem with the controls not appearing on screen. I have mouse/touch controls enabled in the addons settings, but that didn't help.

Regarding not being able to see the transport control buttons, I can also confirm if I change my skin Aeon MQ5 back to Confluence then the buttons are visible. But the buttons are not visible when using Aeon MQ5 skin.

If I press the left or right buttons on the remote control several times then one button is then visible as seen in the screen shot below:

Regarding using the Skip Next Track button on the remote:

I can also confirm that when using the Confluence skin and also when using the Aeon MQ5 skin and using the skip next track button on the remote control handset, this now works fine.

Previously I would always see an XBMC popup saying "Playlist - Can't find next item to play". This seems to have stopped happening now. Smile

Thanks

EDIT: Just wondering why does it show the album art multiple times?
All I can say to the buttons things is dig into the skin files and work it out (see the Xsqueeze addon folder). I'm happy to support Confluence and it would be great if it was fixed for others while not breaking Confluence, but I haven't got the time to install it and sort it all out for you I'm afraid. I suspect, though, it won't be too hard - it's most likely a [visble] thing once you get in there.

The Playlist 'next item' thing should have been trapped for two years plus. it involves XSqueeze loading a special keymap at startup, then deleting it at exit. Works 100% on all my installs, should really be ok elsewhere to I would have though unless maybe there's some reason it can't get to the folder (funny chars in directory name or something??)

The multiple album art isn't really that - it's showing you the art for the next three tracks coming up. Try playing 'random songs' and you'll see.
hello
I can dir I do not see why the xsqueeze platinum.
(2014-10-26, 14:45)nickos Wrote: hello
I can dir I do not see why the xsqueeze platinum.

Que?
If I have helped you or increased your knowledge, click the 'thumbs up' button to give thanks :) (People with less than 20 posts won't see the "thumbs up" button.)
Will xsqueeze output high res audio up to 192khz/24bit?

I believe the only squeezebox that can do that is the Touch. I'd like to try it on a raspberry pi with hifiberry digi spdif out.
It supports any format supported by either squeezelitye or squeezeslave, so research those to check.
hello
I do not see xsquezboxe in Squeezbox server
  • 88(current)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
[ARCHIVED - WON'T UPDATE] XSqueeze - Squeezebox player for XBMC3