Smart playlist sudoku
Hi Team,

I have a normal xbmc setup on my atv2, with movies stored on a NAS (SMB).

Now have placed some movies on the ATV2 itself (/var/mobile/Media/Movies) in different directories under this path (dir1, dirt)

I would like to have a SmartPlaylist play the movies in dir1 and dir2 randomly and indefinitely (loop).

However, I can't see any files in the playlist whatever logical combination I enter as a rule, by default, I used 'path' 'is' /var/mobile/Media/Movies. Other conditions don't seem to work either. Also pointing path to the contents of subdirectory dir1 or dir2 doesn't seem to work for no files are listed when selecting the playlist.

Is there anything I'm overlooking here please?

Thanks!

ps. @Devs

Sometimes when I want to edit the existing Smartplaylist rule above, it defaults to 'playlist' instead of the given 'path'. the .xml files shows 'path' tho. I need to back out of the edit mode and select edit again a few times before the rule shows 'path' correctly.
Obvious question: have you scanned the contents of the new local sources into the library?

JR
yes, scanned the local content. However, how about if 'movie information' is not found with any scraper, for the movie names are not a title.

So basically Smart Playlist depends on the database and not on a rule wich hardpoints to 'path' 'is' ?

Thx
The smart playlist is basically a database query in disguise, so yes it does depend on the media being in the database.

JR
Clear, thanks!

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Smart playlist sudoku0