Bit confused about the brilliant last.fm
I have it all working in xbmc which is great.

I'm in the uk and don't pay a last.fm subscrition at the moment.

Here's what is confusing me:

What additional features will i get in xbmc if i subscribe to last.fm?

Is it just the radio stations?

So at the moment with no subscritions I can get radio stations like "similar artists to David Bowie radio" or "fans of David Bowie radio". But if I subscribe then I'll be able to get the actual "David Bowie Radio".

Is that about the size of it? Because it seems to me that "similar artists to David Bowie radio" is pretty much the same thing as "David Bowie Radio".

Has anyone got their heads round this that can clear it up for me?

Thanks in advance.
how long have you been a free subscriber? I thought the free subscription had a short time limit.... has your time limit expired and you are still able to get some free programming?....
bigdogeh Wrote:how long have you been a free subscriber? I thought the free subscription had a short time limit.... has your time limit expired and you are still able to get some free programming?....

I've been a free subscriber for about a month, or a bit more maybe.

This blog is from a year ago but it says "Last.fm Radio will remain free on the Last.fm website in the US, UK and Germany and for the US and UK users of Xbox Live and Windows Mobile 7 phones. We’ll also continue to offer radio for free via the Last.fm desktop app." (http://blog.last.fm/2011/02/07/lastfm-ra...nt-devices)

Maybe last.fm have made a mistake and are giving out the free service to xbmc users when they meant to still give it to xbox live customers?

I suppose my question is: What is an average uk xbmc user getting from last.fm (when using it through xbmc)? and is the "David Bowie similar artists" feature in xbmc the same as using the "David Bowie Radio" on the last.fm website? (bowie is just an example obviously Big Grin)

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
Bit confused about the brilliant last.fm0