xbmc crashes upon start up after eden beta 2 install
hi there, i have a atv2 that i brought already jailbroke and already set up. i have had it for over a month and it has been fine up and till the bluetends repo went down and caused xbmc to crash after about 10 secs of starting. Got that sorted. but most films wouldn't play after, so decided on the beta 2 update as it was running eden beta 1. uninstalled xbmc via nito and reinstalled it via nito to b2 version(after reading how to on the web). now everytime i select xbmc from the avt menu it crashes and restarts atv?? can anyone help me with this please?? i have almost no experience and am a total noob to this. its an atv2, xbmc eden b2, iOS 4.3. thanks a lot.
As you did not provide logs, CrashReporter or syslog i just can guess: Your database seems to be broken, delete them and try again or read the FAQ and post the information we need.
hi, thanks for the reply. as i said i am very new to this. to delete the data base do ihave to have access to xbmc because it wont start?? or can i access it via another means with atv mearly turned on?? thanks
Seriously - read the FAQ. It's right there and there is not much to read.
http://wiki.xbmc.org/index.php?title=XBM...Q#Crashing
hi g-off, thanks for the reply, sorry i havent just come on here as a first port of call i have been looking here and alot of other places on the web. i have read the FAQ's but unfortunately for me i didn't jailbreak or set up my atv so i have no idea of how to ssh of which most of the FAq's are on about. i did try to use winscp to put a couple of repo's in the atv a couple of weeks ago, but i couldn't connect, kept sayin network error, i did manage to set up a shared folder between my pc and atv and did it that way. since my first post i have been having a go with putty to see if i can ssh in to retrieve logs and other data but it says the same error as winscp. so i'm stuck at that one, tried everything i've read so unsure of what to start with now... any help would be greatly appreciated. i am here to learn and learn i want to do. i have only just discoververed the xbmc and i want to know as much about it as i can.. but first things first.

This is not that hard, is it? The password is alpine if it was not changed by the guy who jailbroke your ATV2.

You also can use Filezilla instead. Look at this picture (I'm an OS X user, but its same on Windows):

A further possibility would be to use SSH via puTTy or something similar on windows. Its command line, but you can copy & paste the commands stated in the FAQ. But in your case i'd suggest to use one of the programs mentioned before, to make yourself familar with the ATVs filesystem and structure.
right back to basics, when installing nito etc a program called open ssh must have been on there, noticed it wasn't installed. installed it and got let straight in via putty. let me get my head round putty and what you knowledgeble guys need to assit me and i'll be right back
in ssh, following the wiki sectionon how to obtain the log it says no file or directory for - /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/xbmc.log, but in wiki it does say that the guide needs updating for eden am i typing the wrong thing in?? cant seem to find an eden log file path?
No worries man. XBMC on ATV2 is what has introduced a lot of people here to SSH/command line for the first time!

If we seem a little rough, it's because we tend to get the same questions every day, but we're actually a nice group ;)
right here you go guys, got crash reporter logs, xbmc.log, xbmc.old.log etc syslog wont paste because of size, gonna try again and leave it cos it not responding.

and ned thanks for the vote of confidence, think this is a forum i'll use alot

http://pastebin.com/1HguGLHZ
http://pastebin.com/WewsvT1c
Brash I think i have the same issue as you, however i did provide the required info you may want to keep an eye on this threadWink

http://forum.xbmc.org/showthread.php?tid=122302

sorry Brash i missed one of your posts you have provided the logs also, I'll keep an eye on yours
Quote:22:39:51 T:104996864 ERROR: SQL: The database disk image is malformed

As i guessed at the beginning, your database is broken. Delete them and you should be fine again.
thanks for that maetrik, but how do i go about that?? is that in the faq's?? will look now.

cheers
yes it does. the wise and wonderful faq prevails again

Does your xbmc.log have any SQL errors? Remove your databases and reboot: (via SSH) rm -f /private/var/mobile/Library/Preferences/XBMC/userdata/Database/*db . This will reset your video database, but the devs are looking into a fix for the DB corruption issue.
back in the game..... maetrik i cant thank you enough buddy..

thanks to everyone who assited me with my problem and a big thanks to this forum and the people on here.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
xbmc crashes upon start up after eden beta 2 install0