No fonts, at all
Hello,

I'm working on a skin that I can use on a low res touch screen monitor (In my car) I'm using Centrafuse at the moment (Which is created for in-car use) I really like the GUI of that program. The only thing is, the performance of the application is very poor. So I decided to create my own skin based on Centrafuse but with decent software behind it.

Now, I've started with the skin 'Foundation' as I'm entirely new to skinning for XBMC. I'm creating this for a 4:3 resolution, but the problem here is the labels don't show (Or the fonts don't load, don't know).

Any help here ?

Thanks a lot, Jv.

Here is my current design. (This is a photoshop mockup, I've gotten as far as this in the template but I can't continue without fonts... :p)
The default fonts aren't working or your own?

Do you have a fonts folder in the skin folder?
I haven't editted anything of the fonts yet. They show up when I use 720p but they don't when i'm using my 4:3 res folder. And yes I do have a fonts folder but nothing is in it :p
Ah, you'll need to import the Font.xml to your 4:3 folder.
That can't be the problem as I just made a copy of the 720p folder and change each screen at a time, it's good to have a base since I'm totally new to skinning for XBMC.
Try sticking XBMC's arial.ttf font in the skin font folder and reboot.
I placed the font in there but no change Sad

Edit: I decided to just start over. I probably messed up somewhere because I was figuring stuff out. As of now it's working like a charm. You can close this.

Thanks for the help though !
Maybe your font.xml got messed up. If you something like Notepad++ with the XML Tools plugin you can easily see if you've made an error.

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
No fonts, at all0