unRAID and Eden Beta 2
So I have a server with 5 2 TD drives running uNRAID. I have a cache drive with all the usual python suspects running on it. I use a shared thumbnail drive on the cache drive.

My primary XBMC installation (the one that is always on) runs on a Win7 PC. Eden 2 is running.

What I am noticing is that my drives are often spun up for now particular reason. I came back today and all the drives were spun up. Nothing was downloaded through SAB. The Win7 machine wasn't running anything. There was really nothing happening.

I remember reading somewhere that Eden might search for new fanart etc periodically. This might have been bs though. Anyway, is this is the case, could this be causing the drives to spin up?
Oh second question - anyone use a flash drive (a second one - not the boot one) to store the thumbnail folder? Seems like it would be a great choice with immediate response and no spin-up.
Star 
ZestyChicken Wrote:Oh second question - anyone use a flash drive (a second one - not the boot one) to store the thumbnail folder? Seems like it would be a great choice with immediate response and no spin-up.
I copy my thumbnails off to a ram drive... instant covers and images.
PatK Wrote:I copy my thumbnails off to a ram drive... instant covers and images.

Not a bad thought though:
1) How do you share it?
2) How do you keep it updated?
3) What do you do when you reboot? Do you have a script to archive it?

I have 8 GB RAM on my server but it only seems to see 4 GB and pretty much all of that is in use, supposedly...
ZestyChicken Wrote:Not a bad thought though:
1) How do you share it?
2) How do you keep it updated?
3) What do you do when you reboot? Do you have a script to archive it?

I have 8 GB RAM on my server but it only seems to see 4 GB and pretty much all of that is in use, supposedly...

are you running 64bit win7? if youre running 32bit then its limited to 4GB.
SebasMiles Wrote:are you running 64bit win7? if youre running 32bit then its limited to 4GB.

No, I'm running unRAID. I'm also mildly retarded. I have 4 GB in this machine. My new machine has 8GB and my brain cross-wired...

On a side note, I might add more RAM

Logout Mark Read Team Forum Stats Members Help
unRAID and Eden Beta 20